Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:05 AM   #131
Morelans
What am I missing???

I thought this thread was dead and gone months ago... I see there are new posts this week, but I am not sure what they are trying to express???

Any additional info on the above posts would help. Is Steve Ori or Nigel posting again or what?

Thanks
Shawn Morelan
www.SouthernBoids.com

Old 10-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #132
Peruvianfanatic
Why did you tell him you wanted M3 in the e-mail then?Well actually 2 or 3 you said,but still you knew it was not a reverse stripe from the pic.You were satisfied with him at one point (with M3).Still,was shipping in the original agreement.Man I hate repeating myself,I am trying to understand this deal.

Old 10-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #133
Da_Ru
He gave me a choice and the only one that was a reverse stripe male was m2 but he wanted cosiderable more for that one so the only one left was m3 as he called it. Afraid of loosing my deposit I agreed. After thinking about it I canceled the deal instead of paying 350 more for a snake that I didnt want. I asked Steve if I can get a refund since I wasnt satisfied with M3 he refused saying financial troubles. Now it looks like his finances are back in place so I just wanted everyone to be aware of his bad dealings in the past. You can tell his character by this thread. Hope this clears things up. Drew

Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #134
David Reid
Steve, I do not know you...

and I am not going to tell you I have a business degree from Harvard, BUT, the way you have handled this situation leaves alot to be desired. I am always amazed at how people dig the hole deeper and deeper, and eventually throw themselves in. Yes, throw THEMSELVES in. And for $100... Rule number 1, less is more, the less you say, the less people can turn your words around, and the less chance you have to hurt your own case. You have said way too much, in email, IM and in your posts, and have come off looking really bad. You should have stated your case, and left it at that, the more you say, the deeper you dig...You think you deserve the deposit, explain why in one quick paragraph, with no name calling, no cussing, etc. Then you are done, unless you are called into court. You, however, went way above and beyond, with threats, name calling etc. You will definately not get my business, for the above stated reasons,and I would say, for every one person who has posted on this topic, 100 have looked, read, and shaken their heads, never to do business with you on any level. I have done business with Sharp and Kahl too, but it does not mean they are the know all, end all of Reptile Business 101. I do however, firmly believe that both would have handled a similar situation with class and dignity, basically, differently from the way you have. Lastly, if I had put down a deposit on a Striped animal, I would expect one with a stripe on it, or my money/deposit back. Now, if the buyer put down a deposit on a striped animal, you produced 10 for him to choose from, and he just decided to get an albino from someone else, and not a striped from you, that would be one thing. Please explain one more time why you feel he does not deserve his deposit back. One final thought, why do people spend deposit money before the deal is finished. I keep money from animal sales, on animals sent, seperate from my spending money for at least 1 month after the animal is sent, and accepted, just in case some problem comes up, but that is just me.

Old 10-11-2004, 08:35 AM   #135
Peruvianfanatic
You said in your e-mail that you wanted M2 OR M3,knowing it did not have a reverse stripe by the pics.Stop dancing around that question.I have asked 3 times and you have yet to answer that.Also,was shipping included in the original price.I do not know NONE of the 2 people that are in question,just trying to understand this thread.Agreed it did not have a reverse stripe,but it is not like you did not see that from the pic.Now if the guy sent you that Boa with out any pics,and you thinking it had a revese stripe,then you would have a reason to complain.PLEASE REREAD YOR E-MAIL THAT STATES YOU WILL TAKE M2 or M3.Sorry,you are intitled to NO refund,you knew it did not have a revese stripe from pic.
Mike Wampole
www.boafanatic.com

Old 10-11-2004, 12:44 PM   #136
chondrogal
refund the money already

I know this thread is well over a year old, I read the entire thing from page one and have to say that in the one short sentence reply to the seller Steve Orr, the buyer said he'd "take" either snake. Then the seller came back with the price he wanted for the no stripe "striped" animal and the buyer did not want to spend that much money for animal without stripe. I read it that he would accept that animal... BUT, when the price came back as a total of $450 PLUS shipping still, THAT was just not acceptable.

I still can't believe that someone is defending the non refund of this seller. I do not expect I'll ever be purchasing animals from them, but I do have a wide network of animal oriented businesses that I deal with on a regular basis here in Southern CA and I would certainly steer people away from them if given the chance...... oh so happy to have reputable business "Scales" practically in my back yard to refer people to locally!!!

I don't imagine Steve Orr/Forgotten Realm will even see this thread revival, it's never too late to correct a wrong... perhaps he has actually refunded by now.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #137
Wilomn
It seems that some of you have forgotten that ori offered a WRITTEN guraentee that if the customer was NOT satisfied there would be a REFUND.

I'm pretty sure it's quoted somewhere in the first few pages of this thread.

No matter what else has been said or done, ori offered the guarentee right on his website.

The case is closed, the refund should have been given.

Ori is just another lying scammer. Was a year ago and still is now.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #138
Da_Ru
I still have not gotten the refund and if Steve sold that male I am pretty sure he will not keep his word.

Mike what part do you not understand satisfaction guarantee or your money back, it does not matter what I said in my e mail the bottom line is that I am not satisfied and I should get a refund.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #139
Peruvianfanatic
Hey Andrew,
The pics are done. This is my add on Kingsnake
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=8&de=74138 . You have the first pic so I need for you to pic asap as there are three more people with deposits that have to pic and a fellow locale breeder who has seen them in the flesh wants five to ten of them depending on how fast he can raise the money. We're all waiting for you partner. Get back to me as soon as you can.

I will take male 2 or male 3. lol

Hey Drew,
You can have male 3 for 450.00. Tell me where your located, zip code, and which way you'd like shipping and I'll give you an exact amount to paypal or overnight Money Order. You picked an awesome animal. No M3 your gonna love him. Get back to me asap.

Drew McHenry
901 Jefferson Ave
Norristown Pa, 19403

Hey Drew,
You sent $100.00, no. m3 is $450.00 and shipping is $40.00. Remaining balance is $390.00. I'll ship as soon as you tell me your weather is warm enough. You can paypal or send an overnight money order. I'll send you a reciet and complete paperwork with the animal. As soon as I get the funds I'll put sold on M3 on the gallery. Get back to me.

Steve,
Can I get it for 450 shipped. Thanks

Hey Drew,
I haven't heard from you and need to know what's going on. I'm holding up all sales waiting for you to decide. I'm gonna give you the email addy of a person who bought a het from an out breeding of these pastel stripes last year. They paid in full in advance for one of these and have picked out M6. My picture taking isn't the greatest but I assure you if Pete Kahl or any of the other big name breeders produced these animals they would be about 50% more. Talk to Lonni, that may help you make up your mind.

Do you have a pic of the parents. Thanks
the mother stripe

Steve,
I hate to be a pain but can you take more pics of male 3. Thanks

Drew,what part do YOU not understand.Reading these e-mails you 2 sent back and forth would lead ANYONE to believe you want him M3.I think you changed your mind AFTER you found out you had to pay for shipping.He put that snake on hold and was waiting for you.I think you did not have the full $ for the rest of the snake.Also I would like to add,why did you put down a deposit,then after words want pics of the parents?DUUU!!!I also think you are twisting the "gaurantee" thing to your advantage.If you do not like what I think,TOOOOO BAD. YOU WANTED HIM,HE HELD HIM FOR YOU TILL WARMER WEATHER,THEN YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND.He could have sold the Boa the whole time you were stringing him along.Later hens!!!
Mike Wampole
www.boafanatic.com

Old 10-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #140
Rockford
Later hens??????

Looks like we found another"breeder" not to do business with. I sure do love this site!!!!!!!!!!!

BThacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread