Inquiry: Ron Billingsley - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
CFoley
Inquiry: Ron Billingsley

Seems like a good guy,
talks about knowing a few names that come into my head. Said he used to run tables at Hamburg, and was pretty close to Walt Loose.

He is from Indiana. Email is TheBigSquese@aol.com

Said he used to have a shop called "creatures of the night"

If any other info is needed I can probably get it.

Just wondered if anyone has worked with him on anything.

I am considering buying a trio of dumerils boas from him.

Thanks
Chris

Old 08-06-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
sarge
inquiry

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has done bussiness with him scince this post I have contacted him about some animals he has and am waiting on a reply. Thanks in advance

Old 08-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
CFoley
Thumbs up GOOD GUY

I actually did complete a deal with him. I was very impressed.

I bought a 10lot of BPs, for $10 a peice....this normally means they will die or just not eat.

They looked great and all of them ate on the first time. So now I actually believe him when he said 48 out of 50 ate for him.

I also bought an adult male dumerils boa. I was just recently male heavy with 3.2 I kept his male and sold the other 2. Hes a great eater, and nicely colored.

Everything was packed nice, and just as good, if not better than he described.

I would defintely work with Ron Billingsly again in the future.

good luck

Chris

Old 08-06-2003, 09:26 PM   #4
sarge
Chris
Thanks for the fast reply I am trying to work the deal out now and actully look foward to dealing with him now you have put my mind at ease THANKS!!!

Old 08-06-2003, 09:50 PM   #5
CFoley
good luck, you should have no problems at all.

The only drawback is he doesnt guarentee live arrival with ground carriers like airborne, fed ex, etc.

Im uncomfortable with that with some people because, they can send you dead stuff and say "it was alive."

However, I got over that and recieved everything alive, and have no reason whatsoever to believe hed falsely act on anyone else.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:45 AM   #6
Willard
Ron has been doing this for years.

he is very knowledgable and has always been honest with me.
Tim Frazier Illiana reps

Old 01-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #7
gila7150
Thumbs up

I just received some of Ron's acrylic display cases. Ron was quick to respond to questions and provide me with a tracking #. The displays are very nice and I look forward to ordering a few more soon.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
Lynn
Just got some displays from Ron at the Dallas Metroplex Reptile Show..They are awesome.. Thanks Ron..Your displays really showed off our snakes..

Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 PM   #9
DavidBeard
A couple of months ago I purchased a 1.1 pair of 100% het for Albino Honduran Milksnakes from Ron at the Indianapolis Expo. He popped them at the show as a sexed pair, but when I got them home both of them probed out as males (at least 8 subcaudal scales on both snakes). I promptly e-mail Ron and informed him of the mistake. He told me to bring the snakes back to the next Indy show and he would give me a full refund. I did just that and he held up his end of the bargain and refunded my money. I'd buy from him again, I'd just be sure to bring my probes next time.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 PM   #10
beardiesrule
Thumbs up

Hello and to all or some who wonder about Ron Billingsley...he's a great guy he knows his snakes very well. He did run his own store it was called creatures of the night and had quite the selection of snakes back then. I know him personally from Indy show as I'm a native hoosier and frequent the Indy show quite often...Ron's not a BSer he'll tell you what you want to know and is a real honest and fair guy to do business with each time I've talked to him at a show his animals are always clean and healthy...
Keep up the good work Ron...to bad there's not more honest and very little BSers in the world of reptiles like yourself...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!