Bad Guy Mike the Screamer "Strictly Reptiles" - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #21
predators
Mike has tried to improve his people skills from years ago.. So you are actually seeing the good mike now. He comes of as loud and rude but, its really all bark and no bite.. If you know him and establish a relationship with him he is a generous guy.
It is in his right to be short with people, yell, scream etc but, what he should not do is open his doors to the general public if he is going to act that way. Retail customers and looky lous require a lot more attention than large scale breeders, other importers, wholesalers and pet shops..He knows that but can not turn away $ and can not control himself enough to do retail..

They used to be open on Saturdays only for retail sales but, maybe now anyone can walk in at anytime. Was the sign on the fence there when you walked in stating retail only on Saturday and no retail customers allowed any other time or has that been removed?

Old 02-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #22
KNOBTAIL
Whether its "all bark and no bite" try convincing someone who has never met him before. Mike is only generous to his wallet. One day he open his mouth to the wrong guy, and that may put a bit to his outrage on being short with people. I doubt he acted that way in prison.

Things have a way of coming full circle. It just has not caught up to him yet. His only safety is in his own business establishment.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #23
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
Whether its "all bark and no bite" try convincing someone who has never met him before. Mike is only generous to his wallet. One day he open his mouth to the wrong guy, and that may put a bit to his outrage on being short with people. I doubt he acted that way in prison.

Things have a way of coming full circle.
Going from the way he is now,to not being nice in prison would
only be half a circle. He would have to go from nice,back to the way he is now to make a circle.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #24
BeardedDragonStore
They have been around for a while. But his personality is his personality. Whether or not you like it isn't really a reason for a BOI complaint IMO. So he barked and you got your panties in a twist. Well that's life. I'm sure the man would much rather spend 10 minutes of his time moving multiple animals in a single transaction for thousands as opposed to dealing with a retail customer in a transaction for one animal. Did he sell you something that was misrepresented? Did he try to sell you an animal that had been abused? Did you attempt to figure out if you were interrupting something that took priority over your delicate sensibilities? No. So you didn't give him your business and it didn't sound like he really wanted it. End of story. Now go untwist your britches so that your voice goes back from soprano to its normal tenor, feed your animals, and deal with people you can stand. If the man is still in business after all these years, then he must be doing something right. Sorry to hit this so hard. I hate whining. Its right up there with PC to me.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #25
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychomantis View Post
Being the nice guy I am I kept calm
I see your problem ^^^^^

As soon as he opened his mouth and became a jerk I would have told him to shove his price list up his rear and walked out.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post

Every customer is entitled to some respect regardless of how simple some questions may be if looking to make a purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragonStore View Post
Whether or not you like it isn't really a reason for a BOI complaint IMO. .
I agree with Jerry, and feel that describing the customer service skills of a particular vendor is worth a post. Those who read this thread are at least forewarned if they attempt to do business with Mike that some of the behavior described and attributed might be expected, and worthwhile also to know that as far as the reports here go, there is no bite to go along with the bark.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #27
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragonStore View Post
They have been around for a while. But his personality is his personality. Whether or not you like it isn't really a reason for a BOI complaint IMO. So he barked and you got your panties in a twist. Well that's life. I'm sure the man would much rather spend 10 minutes of his time moving multiple animals in a single transaction for thousands as opposed to dealing with a retail customer in a transaction for one animal. Did he sell you something that was misrepresented? Did he try to sell you an animal that had been abused? Did you attempt to figure out if you were interrupting something that took priority over your delicate sensibilities? No. So you didn't give him your business and it didn't sound like he really wanted it. End of story. Now go untwist your britches so that your voice goes back from soprano to its normal tenor, feed your animals, and deal with people you can stand. If the man is still in business after all these years, then he must be doing something right. Sorry to hit this so hard. I hate whining. Its right up there with PC to me.
That is the problem though.. He should not be open for retail customers if he does not have the time or patience to deal with them.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #28
BeardedDragonStore
Quote:
Originally Posted by predators View Post
That is the problem though.. He should not be open for retail customers if he does not have the time or patience to deal with them.
Oh please Dan... really? The guy barks at one guy and this is justification for changing his policies re: selling retail? Seriously? I can't help but defend the guy.

Sometimes people have bad days. Sometimes people get busy. Sometimes people read other peoples' body language and are put off by what they see. Sometimes people don't like certain colors.

But OH MY GOD let's jump up and down because 1 guy got barked at, didn't like the answer he received, and has pitched a fit over it. Forget understanding, empathy, putting others' needs before our own. No, let's slay a guy who was having a bad freaking day apparently.

I'm going over to my corner to sign kumebyeya to myself while you console the person who has bruised delicate sensibilities.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #29
MesoCorney
It seems to be that more than one person have had issues with Mike, if you read back. I for one would not want to do business with a person with such a disagreeable disposition. I thank the people of this site for giving me a heads up such as this. BeardedDragonStore, am I to think that you have personally done business with Mike? If not, I am not sure why you would offer an opinion about him. Also I can assume you hate grammar and the English language as much as you do being pc and whining. I also find it humorous that you are whining about whining.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #30
kimber anderson
What are the quality of the animals like? I have been searching and searching for a wholesale supply of agamas (of various species within this family). With the reviews haha has and others' limited quantities, this is one of the few places that states they have what I am looking for. I don't mind treating the animals and vet bills - I'm looking for breeding stock atm, but I need them ALIVE and treatable. Does this place fit the bill??????????

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!