Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #81
Wolfy-hound
The fact that the OP hasn't shown Ken to be rude in the emails, and the fact that he read Lucille's post of "I don't know Ken personally" and thinks it said "Lucille is Ken's friend" tells me that i don't need to wait on any "proof" to be posted.

The OP recieved a sexed pair of snakes. The only whines he has is that they weren't in seperate containers AND the rather more important concern of mites. Although he said Ken told him via email that the mites shoudl be expected from any seller, I have yet to see that posted email, so I could assume that the email said "I don't have mites" and the OP read that as "I have mites and I'm glad you got mites too!" since he's misread so much in the thread.

Good luck with your future breeding ventures. Good luck buying from anyone reputable if you continue with the giant chip on your shoulder.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #82
TakinANapster
Ken Foose Exotic Pets LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I ask these questions with all respect and seriousness....
- If they had been packaged separatedly, and labeled, would have taken his word the gender...or had them checked at some point?
= If you were going to take his word for the fact that they were male and female, how was that changed by not having them labeled; other than not knowing which was which NOW? (you've stated that you planned to learn how to probe, anyway; and that the vet doesn't charge you extra for charging extra snakes....it seems that you would have had ample opportunity to resolve the questions prior to them being bred)
If you were not going to take his word for it, again, what has changed by them being unlabeled?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand your frustration - probably better than most, considering the number of missexed snakes I've received over the years, and the number of times I've received mites - but I'm just not getting the fuss over the lack of labeling.

I would imagine that the prosthetic arm makes sexing snakes (along with numerous other things) a bit of a chore....and it certainly makes your reluctance more understandable.
Yes, I could have continued to feed the until maturity and somewhere along the line I either would have learned how to probe.....or had the need to go to Vet with other snakes anyway. I agree knowing the sex before maurity is not really that important.

I just reported a fact. The guy sold me snakes boxed in the same container when 17 other breeders have sold me sexed pairs in seperate plastc containers. This appears to be the NORM of the industry, and I reported Ken is NOT the norm.

Ken sells you an animal then refuses to work with you on it if there are issues. I'll leave it at that.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #83
hhmoore
I won't dispute that when purchasing 2 snakes, separate packaging is probably the "norm"....but I have already stated that I have received snakes packaged together from other sellers (several, in fact), so Ken certainly isn't the only person doing it.

A few people have stated that when there were problems with the animals, Ken addressed it without hesitation. Not to downplay your opinion of his packaging, but, realistically, what did you want him to do about it once the snakes were in your possession?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #84
dragonlvr64
Well, I am going to disagree again with you!
I ordered a mossy leaftailed gecko after Ken took pictures of his available females. I called him on the phone and asked for one in particular. We talked a bit,I gave him payment over the phone and received my tracking number before hanging up. I was very happy with our whole conversation and the transaction.
My gecko arrived on time, perfectly packaged, but dead. She was in perfect condition, beautiful and mite free. She was dead sadly.
I called Ken, but it was before his business was open, so I emailed him as well. He responded as soon as his day started and worked out a replacement. He lost money on the replacement animal as well as another $60 in shipping. I offered to pay shipping at least for the replacement and he refused! He took full responsibility and made me a very satisfied customer. He told me his regret in the whole situation was the poor animal died.
He is top notch in my book!! He made a customer for life with how he handled our first transaction and then the subsequent one for my replacement.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #85
dragonlvr64
I wanted to also add that the animal I purchased was a WC, not captive bred.
She was in nice looking shape and plump. Neither of us could figure why she died other than stress.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #86
bobtard
Do you have some sort of mental illness? Do you HONESTLY think we're ALL best buddies with Ken, out to "muddy up" your thread?

I've never spoken with Ken in my life, and I think you're insane.

Have fun with your nonsensical posts.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #87
snakemami
I wonder why some people can be so cruel? Mental illness? Physical deformity jokes? Can we all just take a step back and realize that no matter what, making jokes or comments about people like this is completely uncalled for ON BOTH SIDES.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #88
Gojira1986
I truly believe that everyone is entitled to post a thread about a transaction with a buyer or seller and if the believe the person they delt with is a bad guy, they reserve the right to post a bad guy thread wout ppl jumping down their throat. I for one learned that should I decide to do business with Ken, I must be very specific in how I want my animals shipped and have a bottle of p.a.m ready bc if Ken shipped animals with mites and didn't know they had mites, chances are a goo portion of his collection have mites.. IF they did come w mites bc I still have seen no proof of the mites.
I just see a very distinct pattern of behaivor in the BOI and it really has alot of bullying and immature badgering and prodding. I am not taking sides, but the poster did not get frustrated and arrogant until ppl started telling him he never should have posted this bc it's not "bad guy" worthy and that he should be able to probe and that he's on their "pntbfost" list and etc.. Let's try to take a step back from the insults and remember why the BOI is here - not to insult ppl or judge them, but to read about ppls experiences and to use the knowledge when entering into future transactions. I really think the side banter about whether this is a valid bad guy topic or whether certain ppl would buy or sell to other certain ppl is childish and ultimately is tarnishing the whole meaning and purpose of the BOI. I know I recently was ripped off very badly, but after reading thru many BOI threads, I chose not to start one bc of a pattern of what the threads turn in to .. And if I were to post my experience I wouldn't want a bunch of ppl standing up for the other person and demanding things that can't be produced or proven.. In this thread numerous ppl posted they had excellent transactions w Ken and he was a great breeder - well that's all well and good but start a good guy thread for Ken then - don't take away from this threads importance by voicing your experience on someone elses thread. This is how I feel and I hope that in the future the BOI can become a place where both sides can voice their story, and ppl can read and base their decisions to or not to deal with those ppl on their own privately and not in a vicious back and forth with the original poster.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #89
snakemami
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
Would you agree as all my other breeders and suppliers have stated that the "default" should have been to package the snakes seperately and mark the sexes.....since I paid for sexing?
Joe,

What you paid for was a "sexed" pair. Just a quick education but this means that you get a group of 1 male and 1 female or 1.1.

It's easy to intermingle the terms but that's what you bought with a sexed pair.
Have you already had them probed by the vet? If not, send me pics to my email jetschick904@yahoo.com and I will see if I can give you an educated guess.... You will need the pics from the underside vent to tip of tail.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #90
reptilebaby
I have had 4 snakes shipped in the same bag. 2 male, 2 female. All I had to do was compare each snake to the picture that the breeder sent to me to figure out which was which. I don't know how to sex snakes, but I do know a snake breeder near me who is willing to help me out with it! I just may buy some probes now. I am scared to death of damaging a snake with my non-knowledge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!