Info Mantisplace.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
annette
Thumbs down Mantisplace.com

hi everybody, I would like to mention my odyssey with Mantisplace.com
I ordered from mantisplace turkish glider and 2 cultures of golden hydei. I received after 2 days usps a box that was danged, but when i opened the box more disgusting was that the maggotts came out of the lid, the card board was wet and mushed, the golden hydei were reg. black hydei and when i asked her for replacement of the cultures, she saied it is the postal services fault. She sends a lot out and the cultures are fine.I started a dispute with paypal, since she after I send an email told me that the golden had died off. Why does she send the wrong flies then.After dispute, she right away offered replacement but I have to pay the shipping. The problem is i ordered golden, why replacing with flies I have already, which I told her. Generously she gave me a refund.
Do not! buy from her. I will definetley not ever buy from her.
Annette
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Hibiscusmile
“Thumbs down Mantisplace.com
hi everybody, I would like to mention my odyssey with Mantisplace.com
I ordered from mantisplace turkish glider and 2 cultures of golden hydei. I received after 2 days usps a box that was danged,”

As you can see the box was damaged, I naturally did not send it like that, the post office damaged it, so I don’t think you can blame me for that.

“ but when i opened the box more disgusting was that the maggotts came out of the lid, the card board was wet and mushed,”

Due to the box being damaged, obviously the containers inside were damaged too, also this was not my fault.

“ the golden hydei were reg. black hydei and when i asked her for replacement of the cultures, she saied it is the postal services fault.”

And I suggested that they were insured and the post office needed to be contacted about the condition the box was delivered in. Because I could not show them the box and contents, only she could.

“She sends a lot out and the cultures are fine.I started a dispute with paypal, since she after I send an email told me that the golden had died off. Why does she send the wrong flies then.”

If one species dies off, I don’t leave the customer floundering around, black or golden, I send flies so the pets have something to eat.

After dispute, she right away offered replacement but I have to pay the shipping. The problem is i ordered golden, why replacing with flies I have already, which I told her. Generously she gave me a refund.

Notice she said “ Generously she gave me a refund

I did not refund because of the dispute with paypal. Most people in the pet industry knows that paypal will not refund for dead insects. I found this out the hard way. I refunded because I understood that she was unhappy and I did not want her to be fustrated over a few dollars. I explained that the express shipping is always guaranteed with most pet companies but priority is not, but I refunded anyways.

“Do not! buy from her. I will definetley not ever buy from her.”

So now onto the fruit flies I sent out to her!
Don’t they look good? I make cultures twice a week and they are absolutely wonderful cultures! Well most of the time, until the post office person gets them! LOL
Notice the amount of maggots and pupae in the pictures, they are full! I bet any money that where ever they were thrown out, that there are fruit flies all over the garbage!
I use real fruit and fruit juice in my cultures, brewers yeast, potatoes, and oats among a few other things. Also some white vinegar which they don’t need, because I use calcium propionate which is a mold inhibitor, but the fruit flies love it so they get it. Only the best goes into my cultures and only I make them. Best of all they are mite free!

I am not sure if these pics will upload and the dates on hubbies camera is wrong, I just took them in the last couple of days, and you can notice all the maggots in the cultures, they are actually lifting the lid on the cultures. My cultures give you enough flies to make between one and two dozen new cultures from them with plenty to go around.
I am sorry she had a bad turnout, but as you can see, my cultures are really great and many people buy them and are happy, surely you will be too!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
annette
I ordered golden fruit flys instead from Josh's frogs and had similar problems, there were no discussion, they send with apology the next day fruit flys out for replacement.
Annette

Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
annette
regarding mantisplace. If I order golden fruit flys you inform or you update your website so it says out of stock, which the fruit fly companys do,and not send out other flys, which i had already 25 cultures.
As you can see the box was damaged, I naturally did not send it like that, the post office damaged it, so I don’t think you can blame me for that. Josh's frogs send them out in cardboard boxes not in boxes that are almost paper boxes.
Generously she gave me a refund. I ment it ironical since i had to "fight" for the money, she had no golden to replace.
Due to the box being damaged, obviously the containers inside were damaged too, also this was not my fault. The containers were not damaged inside

Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
annette
this is my last post regarding this issue. I buy a lot!! feeder insects from mulberry farms, silkworm shop (fruit flys only) and other places. If I get damaged good from these places I had never experienced any problems in getting replacements than from mantis place. I did even get the double amount of ordered feeders (hornworm eggs for example, or shipping refund because they send it the wrong way). Everybody makes it own experience with the companies, I will not buy with her at all.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
zooherper
If you are dissatisfied with her, continue to use Josh's Frogs. Simple as that. Was there a price difference between golden and black? That is the only way I can ponder as to why you are getting so upset over the color of the flies. Should mantisplace have informed you that they were sending black flies? Probably, but they were sending out flies ASAP so that your animals would not have to go without. Packages get damaged, whether they are made of paper, cardboard, wood, steel. It happens. Take that up with the post office. She refunded your money, what more could you want? The only problem I see here is a lack of communication on the color of the flies...not exactly warranting a negative review here, as she made a good faith effort to make you happy/not keep you waiting.

BTW, Rebecca, what is your secret? Those cultures look amazingly productive! PM me with that info if you're willing to share.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Hibiscusmile
I send in usps boxes, which are cardboard, discussion finished!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Hibiscusmile
zooherper pm sent!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
bsbender0927
I've bought several preying mantids, supplies and fruit flies from the Mantis Place without any problems.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
Killer Chams
Ive bought ff's & blue bottle flies from Rebecca @ Mantisplace. I was happy with my orders. The one time I had an issue with the blue bottle maggots not hatching for me Rebecca sent out replacement bb spikes immediately.

I think if you would have approached the issue with more diplomacy you would have gotten your issue handled immediately. I think your issues are more with the shipper than with Mantisplace. And a ff is a ff doesnt matter if its golden or black other than the color or size, which she sent you the correct sizes. Sometimes dealing with feeders there are going to be shortages and periods of time where they dont produce as much due to weather/temps etc... I think she attempted to fill your order so your animals wouldnt go without feeders while she waitted for more goldens to hatch out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!