Inquiry New Owner/Manager of Rat Trap Reptiles 2.0 - Robert Penny - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #11
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD Exotics View Post
These Friends, Dan Gibides, Richard Roman, and Robert Penny... Dan kept having personal issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkwagner View Post
Has anyone ever meet Dan Gibides? Does he exist? Brock
Lets just say in the past 20 minutes of digging, yes he exists. There is a lot of online information on him. Just put in Daniel Chris Gibides, Oak Island, NC and hold on to your "change".
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...enderID=828644

Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Lets just say in the past 20 minutes of digging, yes he exists. There is a lot of online information on him. Just put in Daniel Chris Gibides, Oak Island, NC and hold on to your "change".
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...enderID=828644
Wow, just wow.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Guess we know why Dan isn't in the business anymore.

Incarceration Status: ACTIVE Total Incarceration Term: 4 YEARS 6 MONTHS
Conviction Date: 01/05/2015 Projected Release Date: 04/30/2018
Primary Crime: HABITUAL FELON (PRINCIPAL)

Old 02-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #14
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoysBallPythons View Post
I will never hesitate doing business with Rob and suggest others do the same.
Awesome guy!

He agreed to do a breeding loan with David Reid. After David sent the animals Rob sold half of David's animals without telling him or sending him the funds. Sent the other half back on deaths door. Outstanding!

If you know all this already and also what he did to Chris, Glen and others, I don't understand how you could recommend him to others.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #15
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD Exotics View Post
...The idea was to build Rat Trap Reptiles into a Brand with no one person attached...
This idea makes more and more sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Primary Crime: HABITUAL FELON (PRINCIPAL)
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #16
Hkwagner
Do you want to guess where Rob Penny of Rat Trap Reptiles met Dan? There is a whole lot more going to come out very soon about Rob and his business associates. Hold on to your pants!

Brock

Old 02-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #17
ElexisC
I think he made a mistake posting here with all these detective types. Lol

Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #18
Ghi Reptiles
OK...c'mon drama queen, how long do we have to hold onto our pants for? The build up has been put in place, wow us with your revelations.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #19
HERONBOY
Unfortunately, as I am sure a lot of you reading this already know, there is a lot more to the Dan/Rob story that he didn’t want people to know. His explanations and reasonings as described in his Facebook posting are a far distance from reality.

I have been doing business with Dan/Rob for a little over four years. In this time we did several deals, breeder loans, partnerships, and developed what I thought was a great friendship. As an example of my loyalty and friendship to him, when his underaged, eight month pregnant daughter got caught getting high with her boyfriend in Dan/Rob’s home, I offered to fly him to my home in CA to take a vacation on my boat for a few days. When he and Richard Roman (R2 Exotics) were arrested, I offered to lend him money for attorney fees.

It was a great business relationship and friendship until about six months ago when he informed me that his real name was Robert Penny, that Dan was in jail, that I have been only talking to Robert for the past four years, and that nothing would change between us. It is extremely difficult to summarize the past four years of business relationships and wrong doings of Robert Penny, so I have listed few that are relevant to this thread:

- Robert mentioned that he had a past he was not proud of, however, never went into detail of it with me.
- Robert started RTR with Dan as a front man, so he could come back into the reptile business with a new start.
- Robert had Richard Roman start R2 exotics as an escape plan in the event anything happened to RTR.
- Robert cares little about US sales, BOI, and opinions about him because 90% of his business is overseas.
- Robert sells his animals overseas to Viking Balls (Thomas Kirkeskov Froik).
- Robert uses Kevin from NERD to promote his projects; in return Robert sells Kevin's animals overseas.
- Robert had me ship several of my personal animals, co-owned animals, animals on breeding loans, and some hold backs to him for future breeding projects.
- Robert traded my spider Microscale male to Amir for an anaconda phase ball python. The spider micro scale was produced by me, was my animal, and was only sent to Robert so he could display ONLY at the Daytona show.
- Robert has kept several of my animals and refuses to send them back, return calls, emails, and texts.

I have done everything possible to avoid this post and even reached out to him last week in hopes he would do the right thing. Unfortunately, all my attempts have fallen on deaf ears. The purpose of me exposing Dan/Rob, R2 Exotics, and all involved is not for personal gain. This is in hopes the cycle is stopped and we get this type of person out of the industry. Dan/Rob has taken from so many, and has turned a hobby I once loved into stress and anguish. I just hope what he did to me he does not do to others.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #20
wlcmmtt
Those are some pretty huge allegations. Do you have any emails, or texts, or anything to back any of that up?

As someone here in NC, I'm quite interested in this whole thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!