Bad Guy Steffen Hellner Threatening Market Crashing Tactics... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #11
John kimball
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
I don't see how this is a "bad guy" post. There aren't any laws saying someone HAS TO sell a snake at a certain price because everyone else is if they are in the US or not.
Read the other posts on . He clearly states his intention is to CRASH the US market. If that's not a bad guy here then I don't know what is.

John

Old 03-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #12
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by amos1974 View Post
So Steffen Hellner from Germany had the Black Lace gene reclassified as codom from recessive ... Allen then Agreed to change it back to the way Dan Wolfe left it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I do not think Steffan will do as he says, I believe he is bluffing.
Facebook texts:
"I have combos with obvious Black Lace in it from pairing a Black Lace with no Black Lace female...Have five females running this season and you bet I will flood the Black Lace market with ridiculously cheap snakes. Same for Nova and Quake...
Steffen"

If Black Lace is recessive and regardless if Steffen has 5 or 1000 females, isn't he bluffing no matter what? If Black Lace is codom then he could flood things sooner than a recessive. I don't know how advanced his collection is but to me on the surface it appears he may yet still be a ways off from attempting his "flood" goal?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #13
Dravorak
Quote:
Originally Posted by John kimball View Post
Read the other posts on . He clearly states his intention is to CRASH the US market. If that's not a bad guy here then I don't know what is.

John
Setting aside the issue of whether or not this person can follow through with it. Flooding the market would likely be bad for the businesses, but good for the consumers.
I don't agree with labeling someone a bad guy for making the product more available and cheaper for hobbyists to enjoy.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Facebook texts:
"Have five females running this season"
How much damage can be done with 5 snakes? Sounds more like a trickle, not a flood.
There are so many fancy morphs, plenty for everyone.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #15
snowgyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravorak View Post
Setting aside the issue of whether or not this person can follow through with it. Flooding the market would likely be bad for the businesses, but good for the consumers.
I don't agree with labeling someone a bad guy for making the product more available and cheaper for hobbyists to enjoy.
It's really a combination of factors that warrants labeling this guy a bad guy. For one, he contacted World of Ball Pythons to change the genetic label of black lace from recessive to codominant. Instead of het black lace and black lace, he got WOBP to change it to black lace and super black lace. Based upon what I've heard from people working on the project, this is completely erroneous.

If he's willing to attempt official name changes with incomplete information, and then rabidly defends those changes with childish threats about saturating the market, does that not warrant a bad guy thread? What if he sold you an animal that he claims is black lace, but in actuality turned out to be a quake (which is what the general consensus is what he is getting confused)? Given how rabidly he defending his stance (especially when he admitted he wasn't quite sure what he was dealing with in the first place), when your animal bred out to be a quake instead of a black lace after a couple of years, I doubt he'd actually make good on his mistake given the personality he displayed here.

Certainly someone who is on my do-not-by-or-sell-from list.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #16
WebSlave
So if someone crashes a market this year, what does that do for their business come next year?
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #17
snowgyre
I went to that other forum and saved the thread that Steffen started. His username was Pythagoras. It's important to note that you'll see two posts written by him that contain nothing but XXXX. These are posts that he went back and edited for the sole purpose of getting around an administration rule banning the deletion of posts. I'm not sure what he said in entirety during those posts, but he is paraphrased in following posts by other members.

Also note that the post numbers are not consecutive. I did not take screen captures of what I felt were nonessential posts.

Rich, I went through this with a fine-toothed comb and deleted all references to the other website. I hope these captures are alright.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #18
snowgyre
More posts:
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
snowgyre
Another post drop, same thread:
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #20
snowgyre
Final drop:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!