Bad Guy unhealthy / abused animal from LLL Reptile!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #41
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by regardingmarley View Post
I apologize if the answer to this should be clear to me, and my intention is not to accuse anyone of wrongdoing, but are anacondas not part of the species restricted to sell/ship across state lines?
yellow anacondas, not green, are restricted

Old 03-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #42
Qayin
Scott Wesley, I will attempt to address everything you’ve mentioned so that there are no misunderstandings. First off, when I called yesterday and spoke to Kate about overnighting the supplies (vitamins, appetite stimulant, ect. Ect.) I DID mention that it was for the anaconda I bought from yall and I DID mention the current state the snake is in and how he was when I first pulled him from the box. Now Scott, I apologize for slandering LLL’s name in such a way with my thread here, really I am sorry, but I would like you to understand that it was because I was freaking out over the snake’s poor health, and I would have to be an idiot to think that the anaconda is in such bad shape from a couple days of bad weather for the simple fact that he looks like a hot dog loosely wrapped in a blanket. I was NEVER MADE AWARE of the fact that the anaconda is indeed wild caught, which Kate just verified over the phone. That’s not a major deal but thought it was worth mentioning anyways. Kate has been super helpful with all her advice, including trying the technique of using chicken broth to scent the rodents. BUT I have called TWICE in the past week and dealt with two different guys who were more than simply “less than helpful”. I don’t know their names but… the first call was I asked him WHAT the anaconda was eating before shipment and HOW he was being fed. I detected a lot of irritation in his voice stating “just put him in the tub with a mouse and check on him later”. He sounded very anxious to get off the phone, like my concerns didn’t matter at all. The second guy I’m referring to was pretty much the same way, and his only advice was to use tap water in his bowl… really? I mean… really? That’s it? yeah, amazing advice for a malnourished snake refusing to eat and barely making any movement at all in over a week, just make sure I use tap water, that will solve everything. I never told Liz or ANYBODY ELSE that this snake was improving, that is false, I never said that. I might have said something that got twisted and reworded, I do not know, but I never said anything in similarity to the snake’s health and/or overall state getting better whatsoever. From Kate I have had an amazing customer experience, and I am taking all her advice to heart, but from at least a couple other LLL employees… not so much. Again I apologize for the slandering of your company’s name, perhaps I did overreact a bit and jump to conclusions ever so slightly. The snake’s poor health is stress on top of more stress. In conclusion Kate has an email addressed to her attention including pictures of the anaconda in his current state (which has not improved in any way, shape or form in the past week), and if Snake-Queen wants to post the pics I am also emailing them to her as well, and thank you Melissa for being so helpful, I really appreciate both you and Kate’s help with this.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #43
Snake-Queen
I am posting the pictures Jade sent me. They were very dark, so I ran them through Paint Shop - One Step Fix & resized them.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #44
Snake-Queen
Apparently should have made them a little smaller.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #45
Helenthereef
I applaud your efforts, but they don't really help much do they? Was he shedding?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #46
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I applaud your efforts, but they don't really help much do they? Was he shedding?

Sorry, I see in the original post you say he wasn't in shed - but it sure LOOKS like it....

Old 03-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #47
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by regardingmarley View Post
I apologize if the answer to this should be clear to me, and my intention is not to accuse anyone of wrongdoing, but are anacondas not part of the species restricted to sell/ship across state lines?
Currently, green anacondas are not restricted, only yellow

Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #48
albert clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
I bought him on the 21st so I've only had him for a week now. He was shipped to me from wherever LLL is located so I'm assuming California.
Wow, this is really a crying shame. A business as big as they [ LLL reptile ] are to be that negligent and ship out a sick animal to a customer like that. I hope to see you get all your documents together photos , receipts, invoices and all your email conversations and text messages so you and Fauna can get this resolved. I know this is a shock to a lot of people. Start out by calling your credit card company and request a inquiry of the charges and request a charge reversal ! Stay in peace and not pieces !!!!! A.C.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #49
englishaussie
Give him some panacur, just a drop & little flagyl to help his appetite, if he is wild caught he should be treated for parasites.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #50
Snake-Queen
From what I could gather from the pictures, the snake is very dehydrated & possibly thin. You can see the loose skin and how dry it appears.

LLL seems to want to work this out. Work with them & give us updates.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!