Bad Guy Christian Ryder! RYDER SCIENTIFIC (SCAMMER) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #21
hhmoore
I'm surprised to see that PayPal acknowledged the nonrefundable deposit - maybe they're getting better ( ).
Still, the seller cancelled the transaction, the deposit should be returned. I get that he spent time, and used resources; but, if the legalities mattered to the seller, it shouldn't have come down to a last minute phone call when the monitor was packed for shipment (he had all weekend to research the matter).

Old 12-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #22
AirborneMan21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I would really like to see all communication between the buyer and the seller. I don't think it would change my mind, but right now we only have the word of one person involved.
Agreed

Old 12-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #23
Craig Wyatt
Do the right thing. Give him back his money. This is not a normal case of the customer backing out.
To me it's annoying for sellers to hide behind there TOS for every single little thing that benefits them. Sure a TOS important but sometimes there are special circumstances that neither party could foresee. I believe this is one of them.
i want you to answer one question. If this happened to you would you be ok taking a $100 hit because you made an honest mistake. You know what you don't need to answer it because the answer is obvious.
The golden rule needs to happen here.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #24
AirborneMan21
But it wasn't a simple mistake the buyer says he has permits. Seller is asking to see them to cover his butt.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #25
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneMan21 View Post
But it wasn't a simple mistake the buyer says he has permits. Seller is asking to see them to cover his butt.
And again, we have no proof of any of this. Just what the seller said in their post.

I honestly think that keeping the money will cause more problems for the seller and they should just refund it and move on. I'm more willing to buy from people who are willing to work with me, especially when something comes up quickly (on either end) that ends the sale.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #26
AirborneMan21
Im not saying he shouldn't but refund it. Im just stating it from his side because the buyer seems shady from the OPs original post.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #27
Craig Wyatt
And since you put the word scammer in the title I think you owe him a public opology. The word scammer should not just be thrown around because your mad he called you names.
If I were you I would have never posted this. It looks far more worse for you than him. And to tell you the truth I don't think it looks bad for the buyer at all.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #28
hhmoore
Let's say that I accept the idea that Mr Ryder intended to not pay the balance after the monitor was shipped. Let's also say that I think his claims to be permitted are a load of crap (remember, I'm in NY).
Do either of those things make it right for the OP to steal his money? Not in my world.

Just out of curiosity, has Mr Ryder been made aware of this thread & offered a link so he can participate?

Old 12-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #29
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
I don't think it looks bad for the buyer at all.
Well, assuming that the OP's claims are true - about the buyer claiming to have permits and refusing to provide them - it's pretty easy to speculate that the buyer was knowingly trying to obtain an animal he can't legally have, so I definitely wouldn't say he's coming out of this looking like a good guy. I just happen to think that the OP has put himself in a position where he's definitely the greater of the two evils.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #30
kingkaz
Ive been on here for 5 years and sold many animals. To many states . Didn't know that there were several laws. So by means fine me if I do ship to a state that there illegal. But thanks to a friend I didn't do that.
And this guy says he is heavily licensed. So he knows the laws before purchasing or attempting to purchase. And knowingly saw that I stated no refunds. And before knowing about the law I said I need full payment before shipping. And it was agreed but when I'm at the shipping location. Then he said he will release funds when the animal is shipped . Meaning hand over to the FedEx people and I told him no. I need full payment before hand. So me internet instead of assuming and saying names please watch what you say! Ask questions if you have dis belief

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!