Bad Guy Tegus Only - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #21
Snake-Queen
Kayla, no one is attacking you or saying it is your fault. They are just asking for clarification on some points.

Also, the mod wants you to provide your fiancées full name, that way it isn't an anonymous third party quote.

The time line is to help us understand the situation better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #22
tlmoon
Kayla, I'm sure if someone posted a bad guy thread about you, you would want the people reading it to reserve judgement until they had enough information. It's not an attack, it's just a request for more information.

People may or may not agree with you - but that doesn't mean that you're under attack.

I see two issues here: 1) the parasite issue, and 2) you appear to be upset that you didn't get the female you were asking about. The latter does not make the seller a bad guy, in my opinion. Sellers get a lot of people "interested" and they can't hold everything all the time. Just try again when there is stock available, or take your business elsewhere. It's frustrating, but it happens.

I would also be curious about the parasite timeline, as that is concerning.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #23
beardedsandwrestling
If he's your fiancé why was rob addressing him when you said you were talking to rob about getting a new female?

Old 06-02-2016, 01:20 AM   #24
nickolasanastasiou
I would rather Rodney weigh in on the matter himself, but something to consider is that he advertises a number of what are effectively wild caught (invasive) individuals in addition to some CB/CH animals. If they are getting a round of antiparasitic meds, for example, then that knocks out the mature/hatched organisms, but does not eliminate the residual encapsulated embryos or oocysts. If only a first round is performed and no second round is performed post-purchase, levels can build right back up in short order. I cannot speak to how many rounds he does or if there is isolation that would assist the value of these rounds. I would consider it advisable to perform at least two rounds and preferably with a confirmatory fecal analysis prior to additional rounds. Since many are declared as being wild caught, it would be prudent for buyers to approach them with extra wariness of potential hitchhikers or a proactive mindset on that topic. I know there are some animals (not necessarily tegus) whose loads are so high that three or more rounds may be needed. That said, I do not know how many rounds Rodney administers. I am just saying I -as a prospective buyer- would act like what would come in might need some roto-rooting to ensure clean booty duty when of WC origins. I have seen some crazy stuff in WC animals. Even after initial treatment.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riinei View Post
short fuse
Quote:
Alright well I'm ending the thread here as I'm obviously at fault. Thanks for the help..
I'm not sure the seller is the one with the short fuse. You made some allegations, and because we responded with questions for clarification instead of joining hands and giving the seller the evil eye, it looks like you've flounced off.

Come back and we will be interested in your answers. Don't come back, and it is your loss. If anyone ever made allegations against you, I'm pretty sure you would respect people who took the time to understand what was happening and ask questions to get at the truth.
The BOI is not a tar-n-feather drama-o-rama like you might see elsewhere, it is a business board. It functions well, because questions and answers give prospective buyers and sellers information by showing how buyers and sellers handle issues.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #26
Walter1
Tegus Only

Quote:
Hello Bobby,

I was about to post this female on Kingsnake when I got your email.

I just took these pictures. She is 33 inches and in fine health.

If you like her, let me know right away. Her price is 250.00 plus 50.00 shipping

thanks,

Rodney Irwin
----------------------------
Thank you for getting back to me, very interested in her. Is she the only available female?

Sent from my iPhone
-----------------------------
The only one I have right now that is not gravid.

will have some later after they lay.

rod
------------------------------
Okay, I am definitely interested in her

Sent from my iPhone
-------------------------------
Hey Rodney,
Just checking to see if I can still get the female tegu.

Sent from my iPhone
--------------------------------
Rodney,
I'd like to know if the female is still available? I've been waiting patiently for a response from you.

Sent from my iPhone
------------------------------------
Hi Bobby,
Please call, text or email me
thanks
rod
-------------------------------------

After this, I had texted him and asked if he had available females. He said no. I asked is there any reason why he sold the female I had agreed to take. Email back in response:

Hi Bobby,

If I am wrong here, I will man up and make it right. You need to understand that this time of year,
I get many calls from people wanting to buy adult females during the mating season and want to start breeding themselves.
I am reviewing our calls and emails and I need a little help understanding.

Keep in mind, many people call interested in a tegu. If they are serious, I ask for an email describing the tegu and send a
paypal request. Many times, I never hear from them again, they change their minds, do not have the money
to buy it, etc. I simply cant hold every one that someone is just interested in. I wish I could.

I see on april 6th : Okay, I am definitely interested in her.
Am I missing something or is that to mean : " I am going to buy that one . hold it and send paypal request"
If that is the case, I am wrong. Please show me where we both agreed on the sale and when.

When you get a chance, call me.
thanks,
Rodney Irwin

***Seeing how I sent 3 emails (shown above) asking for her, he still didn't understand I wanted the tegu?
--------------------------------------
My response:
Yes that email was me saying I was going to take her. And I sent you an email a day after that asking if I could still take her and heard nothing back from you after that. I figured in the second email when I said "take" that would mean, yes I am actually taking her.
But like I said I didn't get a response from you. I wasn't aware there were specific words I had to say to hold her and ensure I will be guaranteed the tegu. And from my understanding, you won't hold tegus.
----------------------------------------
Hey,

I don't want to be a hard ass here but I just went over the emails and I still don't see where you said you were going
to " take her" I agreed to hold her for you. When I know the tegu is going to a buyer I pull that tegu and
ship the next day or as soon as possible. I am a one man operation. this time of year I get hundreds of calls,text and emails.
I have seventeen different enclousres and about 150 tegus. It is bad for the tegu to be removed from its comfort area,
take pictures, then put somewhere while the customer make up their mind. Some people want to window shop
like at a pet store. Because of the scale of my operation, I just cant do it. In the future, I would suggest that
when you see something online, tell the seller: I want to buy that one right now, how do I pay and when can you ship.

Having said all this, I will search and try to find one just like the one you wanted or one of my females that
has laid. If this works for you let me know and we can do business no hard feelings.
Rodney

***But seeing my previous responses I sent him several asking when I could get her. At this point he becomes hostile
------------------------------------
If you'll be doing that route, then show me the email where you specifically said she will be held for me. Never once was that mentioned since you quit responding after I said I was interested. You didn't even bother to send me an email to say:
"Hey just checking to see if you want the female still as I have others interested."
It's just a bad way to do business honestly.
Sorry but I will take my business elsewhere.

Thanks
---------------------------------------
What ? you want me to show you an email where I specifically said she would be held for you ? What are you talking about ?

I never said she would be, because you were only INTERESTED. I just made you a fair offer and you came back with this crap.

Let me know how your search for an adult female goes. good luck

rod
-------------------------------
I know Rodney Irwin of Tegusonly well. My 1.2 come from him, and I've visited his place. I am a wholehearted supporter of his work and product. His exchange here tells me that he was trying to do right by this person.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #27
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter1 View Post
I know Rodney Irwin of Tegusonly well. My 1.2 come from him, and I've visited his place. I am a wholehearted supporter of his work and product. His exchange here tells me that he was trying to do right by this person.

I'd like to hear his side of this exchange. I feel that some pertinent info has been left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-04-2016, 01:51 AM   #28
Reptiles 101
I purchased a tegu from Rodney last October. When my tegu was not eating he helped me thru it, I couldn't have been happier with my decision to buy from him. The only thing i dont like is he ships using usps. I hope he gets on here soon so things can hopefully be cleared up.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:46 AM   #29
guruza
Looks like this BOI backfired. The buyer is now on my DO NOT SELL list because they are obviously the ones with the short fuse here. Wouldnt surprise me if others have already added the seller to their own Black Lists as well.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #30
Mistyck
Quote:
Alright well I'm ending the thread here as I'm obviously at fault. Thanks for the help..
Obviously...

No, you're not at fault; at least from what I see. People on this forum just like the whole story, not snippets of what people think we would like to hear. You started the thread, so you should have known you would have been questioned a bit. If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen, but don't gripe and whine about how you're "obviously at fault" when we're practically having to pry the information out of you.

Good luck, as it seems your own attitude about things have put you on many people's do not sell to list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!