Bad Guy Feenix Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
BlueCrowned
Feenix Reptiles

On April 1st I went to the PACNWRS reptile show in Hillsboro, Oregon. I purchased an albino Boa constrictor from Feenix Reptiles. The type of albino was not labelled. The animal was up for $200 but I was offered $180. She stayed in the hotel room overnight and we drove back to Springfield the next day. That night I took a photo of her soaking and sent it to my friend who is an experienced breeder. She suggested that my snake may have mites and sure enough she absolutely did--tons of them! I initially gave the breeder the benefit of the doubt but after talking with my friend about the situation I came to the conclusion that she couldn't be so infested without already having had them when I purchased her. Prior to this I had one snake who was and remains mite free. I messaged the breeder and he told me none of his other animals had mites and that was that. I can get screenshots of the conversation if requested (it's difficult because I don't use fb and downloaded and subsequently deleted it just to talk with him). Photos of the affected snake follow. I can attach further photos tomorrow.

Possibly Relevant info: I am new to snakes and mentioned this to the breeder. At the time I wouldn't know what to look for on a snake that wasn't plainly infested like she is now. I hesitated about buying and that's when he marked her down. I also replied to a post about her on his Facebook letting him know about the mites and he deleted it. I was unable to find any reviews regarding Feenix Reptiles.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
caffeinecynic
That sure looks like mite bites to me.

Screenshots of the conversation would be helpful to prove your side. Have you notified Feenix Reptiles of this thread being made?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
BlueCrowned
I haven't. I will get screenshots tomorrow.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #4
caffeinecynic
Now that I'm on a computer, yeah, those are definitely mites. Unfortunate! Hope you manage to kick 'em quickly.

I notified Feenix Reptiles of this thread so that they can come and provide their side of the story. I would encourage you to share your side as well as what resolution you'd like.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
dieselfan
Congrats on getting back into the hobby! Sorry to hear about the mites. That really sucks. They are not that hard to get rid of especially if you know how to deal with them. Maybe next time use a little due diligence when purchasing any animal. Hopefully, the snake eats right for you and is not blowing bubbles here in a day or two.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #6
BlueCrowned
Um.. I'm not really sure what you mean? I'm brand new to reptiles and I've had my first snake for two or three months. I didn't know what to look for in the first place because I'm new. Not coming back, literally new.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
Feenix Reptiles LLC
We are sorry for your experience, but none of our animals are exhibiting any signs of mites. We reviewed all of our animals when you first made posts on our business page about your animal having mites. You made a point in our private messages to one another, that carrying around your snake for two days at a reptile show, openly letting people touch her, that she might have picked up mites from any of the tables you visited. We offered you a 20$ discount, because you seemed to really like the animal and she was from 2015 and we have a breeding season going and need space. We maintain our animals at a high standard and take these issues seriously. we love our animals. I do have the screen shots, but they show us being sympathetic and offering help. We deleted your open post and we private messaged you right away, I feel we have acted in good faith and are still here to help if you have any questions.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
BlueCrowned
As for a resolution, I really just want him to own up, treat his animals and let the people who bought snakes from him recently know they need to treat theirs if they haven't started. Some small compensation to help cover the cost of the supplies I've had to buy would be nice but not necessary.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #9
BlueCrowned
I only carried her the first day, and you were sympathetic but it seems unlikely that she would have such a heavy mite load the day I got her home.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
BlueCrowned
I also didn't let anyone touch her at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!