Bad Guy Evan Stahl - Sent Me Sick Pine Snakes - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #71
jaysteino
You hurt your own business by being an arrogant jerk

Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #72
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
You offer no evidence or proof of course. Doesn't this violate the rules of this board?
Evidence isn't a rule, but does help to credibility of the poster.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #73
evansnakes
I am sorry that you need somebody to pretend to be your friend in order for you to do business with them.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #74
jaysteino
Proof is in your post jerk

Old 11-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #75
nickolasanastasiou
I recommend that the derogatory name-calling cease immediately.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #76
cbaker81
The other female I purchased from Evan has passed away as well.

Even after the treatment with Flagyl she continued to lose weight to the point that her skin was wrinkled. She was still eating extra small pinkies dipped in water to make sure she had fluid intake and did not regurge again.

I stand by my statement that these snakes had to be sick when I received them. There is nowhere here that they could have contracted this illness as they never came in contact with the rest of my collection and their housing/temps were perfect and the exact same conditions in which the rest of my collection thrives.

I can also concur that Evans attitude towards his customers is lacking to say the least.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:46 AM   #77
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker81 View Post
I stand by my statement that these snakes had to be sick when I received them. There is nowhere here that they could have contracted this illness as they never came in contact with the rest of my collection and their housing/temps were perfect and the exact same conditions in which the rest of my collection thrives.
The thing is, all of the above is simply your opinion, with no proof, that all was perfect on your end. But we already know of some imperfections in your husbandry practices, that you refed a regurging animal too soon, that you did not take the Flagyl advice given to you until many weeks later.

Evan's bedside manner may in fact rub some people the wrong way and I am not defending it. But it is not relevant as proof, here.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #78
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker81 View Post
The other female I purchased from Evan has passed away as well.

I stand by my statement that these snakes had to be sick when I received them.
Sorry to hear this, Chris. As I stated previously, I would guess that there was something going on, without symptoms, and shipping stress weakened their immune systems.

Kathy

Old 11-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #79
Snake-Queen
Your opinion is not fact, without a necropsy, you cannot prove it was something the snake had before you received them.

It would appear to some that the snakes were I'll when you got them, as both have died. The time you had them before an issue arose is also problematic for you.

To some, it would appear that your husbandry was off and something you did or didn't do resulted in their demise, as Evan stated the other clutch mates are all fine.

It's unfortunate that both snakes passed, but without a necropsy (which could be inconclusive) there is no actual proof that they were ill before you received them.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #80
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Sorry to hear this, Chris. As I stated previously, I would guess that there was something going on, without symptoms, and shipping stress weakened their immune systems.
This is the way I see it too .... Chris just hesitated too long before treating. A lesson learned the hard way. Even if he wanted to take some advice here , quite a few were giving him the wrong advice as they didn't even know flagyl was used for reguring and told him not to use it. 99% of the time , this is the drug of choice for regurging. But the does has to be accurate without guessing at lt.

As pointed out before, stess can set off an illness ( shipping in this case ) and you have to always be prepared for it. ... which is why you have a quarentine period where you closely watch new arrivals. Adult snakes can stand a longer time before deciding to do anything as far medication goes but you don't have that extra time to deside with young herps - they will waste away too quickly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!