Bad Guy Francesco Munoz of MOC Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #31
Kodyr113
And yes, Snake-Queen, that was exactly my point. Thank you for being much more eloquent than myself.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #32
Snake-Queen
For further reference, you can label a thread as information, which doesn't mean they are a bad guy, but it relates your experience.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #33
Deborah Stewart
You have no idea how many time the same animal get inquiries at the exact same time within minutes of each other which means the animal is available and it comes down to who pulls the trigger first and send the payment, some people have no questions ask were to send the payment directly and some ask questions and by the time they are through they just missed the animal because the other was faster.

Sure you could tell the person since they say they are very interested that you will hold the animal but in reality many of the potential buyers saying this claiming they send the payment never do. As a seller taking someone words and telling the next person sorry the animal is on hold without a deposit usually translate as losing a sale.

As for telling people someone else is also interested as we speak it can back fire also as some people believe it is a sell/pressure tactic.

I see nothing wrong in what happened, I had it happen to me personally and some of my potential customers lost animals too within hours, it happens.

Your review stating with “Please be careful” calling it shady because someone else was faster then you was uncalled for (I would have deleted a review like this too) and now you are posting here now out of revenge because you did not get what you wanted.

Bottom line if there is one person I would avoid for business dealing it is not the person that the thread is named after but you.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #34
Kodyr113
Thank you. I was unaware of that.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #35
Kodyr113
As I said, getting my own reputation trashed over a business complaint is ridiculous. Don't do business with me; I don't mind. You might be doing me a favor as well.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #36
Herpin Man
Kody- If you had said "I'll take them" at 10:14, I would definitely agree that he had sold them out from under you. But what you actually said was "I'm absolutely interested". To the seller, that's not a sale. Herp sellers deal with tire kickers and dreamers every day, and sometimes cannot distinguish them from serious buyers until they actually see payment.
As far as people being hesitant to speak up here- I think that it really depends on how strong a case somebody has. This is a good place to identify the crooks, sure, but most of what is posted here isn't black and white. There's a lot of gray areas, and people ask a lot of questions to try to clear things up. Kind of like going to court- you have to present your evidence. Not everybody can agree with you.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #37
Kodyr113
Asking for further information is absolutely fine. Doing so in a civil manner, and without attacking someone's person is a separate matter.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #38
exoticsdr
Kody, you learned a couple valuable lessons here.....as most of us have. When posting to a public forum, you are bound to take some lumps from time to time.....and be ready to commit to a deal, even if you ask for some provisions that need to be met first...the seller is either going to agree or ask you to shop elsewhere. No offense meant, but I would have deleted your review also since there was no solid agreement made. Keep looking, you will find your critters eventually.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #39
Kodyr113
Thanks.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #40
morbidangel
From what Kody had posted to me it looks like he told the seller he wanted to move forward with the sale and was in the process of working out where to send money and how much was due. In that time a matter of a few hours waiting for a response someone else snatched up the critters.

I would be upset if I were Kody. I don't know that I would leave a bad review I would just probably not do business with these folks in the future. Especially not getting an apology or anything.

Sorry to hear about this Kody. Hopefully you will find the critters you are looking for from a reputable breeder who has a little more patience and more of a background on them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
uroplatus