Are foggers to hot for Pac man frogs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
BeNeLLi
Question Are foggers to hot for Pac man frogs?

I have been using a fogger for my pac man frog. He is in a 10 gallon tank. There is a divider in it so he has half gravel/ water and half mud. I have been using the fogger over on the water side and I am wondering if it is to hot for him. The water is pretty warm (comfortable for me) and keeps the tank nice and warm. I am just afraid it might be to warm for his delicate skin. I see no sign of burns or sluffing skin. He look real good actually. I don't ever see him get in the water however. He always stays on the muddy side. I have two very small mollys that live in the water and they seem to be doing good too.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:03 AM   #2
hhmoore
I have to admit that I am not terribly familiar with the foggers, and there are several varieties out there. combine that with not knowing about the ambient room temp, and there is no way to say if the fogger will overheat your pacman. Best thing to do is get a thermometer in there - its a good idea anyway, as seasonal changes may impact tank temperature. As to your frog not going in the water- keep in mind that pacmans are essentially terrestrial frogs. I would recommend a potting soil (NO additives) over the gravel, as this species will burrow into the substrate. I have to admit that I usually keep them on folded paper towels, with just a little extra (dechlorinated) water. this setup allows me to be meticulous about cleaning when they excrete waste (urine or feces). in a soil based, "natural" environment, that can be difficult to stay on top of.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
Cyphyrys
Talking

foggers are usually used for the poison darts and such, but they are just fine for horned frogs.. But make sure u dont have one of those cheap ones that burn you when u touch them!! if it does.. You could just take a margarin container or whatever and put holes in its sides near the bottom and such and use some aquarium safe adhesive/calk 5H1T to hold it down(or you can weigh it down with a gravel bottom etc...) Then make a screen top and that should work fine

Old 02-03-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
Big Nasty
You should be fine as long as the fogger is placed somewhere in the water region where the frog ang fogger wont come in contact. I own a exo-terra fogger for my redeye treefrogs and it doesn't seem to "heat up".

Old 04-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
pastorjosh
Those foggers are worthless. Get an ultrasonic humidifier from wal-mart and plumb it into the tank. Works a lot better. You can see how I do it by going to www.joshsfrogs.com/howto.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!