www.ridgetopreptiles.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
www.ridgetopreptiles.com

My site is still a work in progress... but arent most sites.

I hope by spring of next year I will have all my breeders listed complete with data.

Check it out... we even have a photo gallery if your interested in prints for your herp room.... all taken by me.

www.ridgetopreptiles.com

questions and comments are welcomed and encouraged... as I am always trying to improve the site.

What do you think... what should I look at changing?

thanks for your time.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Text is hard to read on the textured background.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
any thoughts on a different text that might be easier?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
I wouldn't have a textured background behind text at all. It's very hard on the eyes. Choice of fonts in HTML is limited to web safe fonts anyway and even if you specify something in your CSS, browser settings will override it.

You might also want to look into your HTML validation errors as well as your CSS validation errors.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
Stephanie,

Got the text area changed... what do you think.

Got all the HTML validation errors fixed that were not 'link' related. I cant do anything with those or it will break the links to USArk.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
A billion times easier to read!

The remaining validation errors are from an illegal character (& should be &) in the links. One of the problems with linking to older versions of vB (the new version has a much better url system) and most other forums. You're right though, nothing you can do about it!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Southern Wolf
I may be a little slow on getting the fixes done (with a real job and all the critters)... but I do consider all input that is given.

Got any other idea on how to make it better?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Ok.... Im adding a new wrinkle to my website. I dont have any links to it yet from the website.... but you get a sneaky peak with a direct link. Tell me what you think.

http://blog.ridgetopreptiles.com/

My current goal is to get a post a day (I hope) and I currently have posts scheduled to appear for the next two days.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
Southern Wolf
wooooo hoooooo

It's only taken me 3 hours to figure out and manipulate the custom coding... but I did it

I now have my blog tied into the home page on my site via a RSS feed.

http://www.ridgetopreptiles.com/

I even went and did just a few slight layout changes. Hope ya'll enjoy the new look.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
Southern Wolf
The gallery has been updated and expanded at www.ridgetopreptiles.com

We now offer 5 different print sizes and FREE SHIPPING from the lab to your door. We are also offering more than just herp photography. I have included some nature photography into the mix as well.

Hope you enjoy the new gallery

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!