Info Animal plastics?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Morelia4life
Animal plastics??

I am trying to decide which cage to get for my coastal carpet. I am thinking either boaphile or animal plastics. I have read a few stories about Animal plastics being really good so I wanted to know who uses them and how good they really are. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

From Animal plastics, I am looking to get the Carpet cage by Anthony Capenetto (spelling)?

Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
SApythons
I have an AP carpet cage that I purchased back in 2008. It's a nice cage; I have no complaints. You can also get a shelf in one of their 4' cages (I have one of those too) if you want something bigger for your coastal.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
paulWTAMU
Love AP cages. The racks are OK but not standouts IMO. The cages, however, are one of the best bang for the buck products and IME outpreform visions pretty handily. I've never used boaphile so can't say how those two compare.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
ASH GECKOS
I have used AP racks and cages and racks. i bought my first rack from them and have continued to use them ever since. They have a great product at a great price and I have never had a single problem with them. I am not knocking boaphile, I have never used them so I cannot comment either way, but I do know that AP is a good company to work with.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Tim Cole
I have used two different models of AP cages. I liked one way more than the other because it had a routed area under the cage for a UTH and a hollowed out spot for a thermostat probe.

I have very little experience with Boaphile caging but from what I have seen, AP cages are more solid and a better price?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Morelia4life
Thanks everyone for your help. I was looking on craigslist and I found a really nice custom built reptile cage that is 4 feet long by 18 inches deep by 30 inches tall. I really like it and I see no problem expect that it only has two cut outs for 6 inch lamps. I don't know if that would be warm enough though and that is the only way to heat it.

I have decided against boaphile, so I guess now it is either that custom built cage or AP.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
SApythons
I use radiant heat panels with my cages - they work great! I would think you could install one in the custom cage instead of the 6 inch lamp.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
geckobabies
I've have an AP 4' x 2' cage and I love it. I've had it since 2004 and it's still in great condition. I also use heat panels for heat. I've also bought several racks from them and 2 Incubators.

Ali is the best.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
chris l
I love everything ap makes. Thats all i can say.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
edf01
I used animal plastics for my racks for my bps, and my one bigger cage for my boa. They provided great customer service- my first order- the cage for the boa- i didnt include any heat source. They called me before placing the order, and did mention what I was housing in it because I opted for the plexiglass doors. They wanted to make sure I wasn't going to put a f/g burm or retic in it b/c they said glass would be the way to go, but for the boa it would be fine. The fact I was called to make sure i didnt forget the heating element and all was a good deed in my book. I did opt for the heat cord- but turns out I didnt like it.

The cage was shipped with care and that cage ( and the racks) are still in great condition today.

i think you will be pleased with them and the cages!!

Janet Kovacic

PS- about the cut out holes on the CL cage you found- I did get the holes for my cage- if you dont need them, just put plexiglass over them on the outside- that will stop the airflow to let hat and humidity out. Plus, if I ever had to mist the cage- all I had to do was push off the plexiglass and mist!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!