Beardie Not Drinking - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
LaxGekko25
Beardie Not Drinking

Okay, my teacher got a beardie over the weekend, but it's not drinking. Knowing that I keep herps, he asked me if I could find out a solution. Sorry, this is really quick I'm a Gecko Guy, not beardie, and I don't know the parameters of the tank that it is in.
Thank you so much.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
angie.h
Hi there, how old is this dragon ? Babies need to drink more often than adults, but most dragons won't drink from a bowl. They do get some hydration from veggies like turnip, mustard, collard dandelion greens, which can be offered freshly washed so they're still wet. But you can also spray the dragon gently with a spray bottle on the tip of the nose, that will often get them to drink. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or so before they sart licking. He can also put it in a shallow lukewarm bath , using a plastic bowl or bathroom sink [ they may poo in the water , dump it , clean the bowl or sink + fill again ] Always supervise a bath though. So you can dribble water on the dragon's head while in the bath + this usually gets them to drink. You can do that 2-3 times a week.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
OEdwards
Is this dragon kept in a classroom?

Old 05-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
LaxGekko25
Thank you for responding, and yes, the beardie is kept in a classroom, but my teacher takes it home on the weekends. My teacher says that he lightly sprays the veggies (I told him when he was asking if anyone knew anything about beardies and I said to feed them mustard and collard dandelion greens for hydration) with water. However, my teacher has tried gently spraying the beardie's head, but to no avail. We don't know how old it is, but it is definately young, as it is about 5 to 6 inches long.
Again, thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!