extremely dark beardies? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Pell1127
extremely dark beardies?

wondering if anyone knows anyone that breeds extremely dark dragons? the darker the better. im very interested in breeding a line of black dragons. maybe even black trans. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
witblits
Hi. Me too! I think the ultimate dragon would be a pitch black dragon, black eyes, patternless. I have seen a picture of a black dragon several years ago. It was from a breeder in Europe. Cant seem to find that pic anywhere on the internet! Hopoe someone couyld shed some light on this. Bye

Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
witblits
The one is saw was black-ish or more of a dark grey colour than black, but it was most certainly the key to pitch black dragons!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
BaltimoreBees
That sounds really neat. Have to search for it

Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
BaltimoreBees
Cool picture

On the black dragon note, I thought this was awesome, is it photo-shopped..or just VERY angry lol
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Pell1127
i think thats an Eastern Beardie. man, if i could get one of those....hahah really tho, where are the dark beardies at? ive heard of a few here and there, even some people talking about breeding them. i cant seem to find any of these posts anymore tho. basically, i need some really dark normals to get started. and i know its going to be a long time before i could produce a true black or melanistic dragon, but i gotta start somewhere dont i?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
HeatherN
All the "dark/melanistic" dragons I've seen have been eastern, I've even seen some dark blue-ish ones! I would imagine the whole black trans idea could be started from scratch, with dark normals, or even some more work on the purple trans lines. Ive seen some of bloodbanks photos on their website with some melanistic hatchlings from non melanistic parents, maybe Steve Barnes could help you! I hope you succeed eventually, I would melt for pure black dragons, just like I do for my pure whites! :P

Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Pell1127
yea ive def. seen some crazy things on their website. i think im going to start searching the local pet stores for normals. although, its like impossible to find them these days. even petco over here had a beautiful pale hypo not too long ago. but i think one of their managers is a breeder.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
jmp745
I suspect a lot of the purple in "purples" are really just blood showing through really clear trans. I've thought about dark beardies plenty, and would actually avoid trans just to avoid confusion on what your seeing as "dark".

and yes, that looks like an eastern in the pic. The pictures I've seen tend to have the beard that wraps around the face like that. oh how I wish we had them

Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
OEdwards
I always wanted to get into easter beardies but could never find a breeder

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!