For Sale Tiger Salamander (ambystoma tigrinum) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 06-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
ExoticPetsWS
Tiger Salamander (ambystoma tigrinum)

We have a few really nice Tiger Salamanders available.

They are $20 each.
6 Lots $17 each
13+ Lots $14 each

Shipping is extra. We ship FedEx Overnight for a flat rate of $50 per order. We guarantee our animals are 100% healthy and alive when they arrive.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 04:44 AM   #2
DesertVetern
$50 shipping per order? Are you joking???

Old 01-30-2016, 04:45 AM   #3
DesertVetern
These are nice! If you still have some and can be serious about shipping I'm interested. Thanks

Old 02-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
RedDevil
They need to be sent overnight, so $50 is basically what you're going to be paying from anyone online. Might want to just stick with your local pet stores.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
Texoticas Reptiles
Shipping at 50.00 was worth every penny when they were legal to ship across state lines. Ad is old, you can't get any type of salamander shipped to you anymore so it doesn't matter. In case you don't know, effective Jan 28 2016! U.S. to Block Fungal Peril to Salamanders With Ban on Pet Imports. The ruling implements the Lacey Act by listing as injurious to wildlife, and thereby banning, 201 species of salamanders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertVetern View Post
$50 shipping per order? Are you joking???

Old 02-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
RedDevil
Not all salanders and newts were banned. I don't believe this particular species is on the list, although I may have missed it in my brief search.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #7
DesertVetern
To Hell with them...what are they going to do? However $50 is still way too much for shipping. I do it all the time for $12 as long as the weather is not too hot/cold.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #8
ExoticPetsWS
This is an old advertisement and the animals have all been sold.

I am somewhat confused about the comments/questions/issues with regards to shipping. It is apparent that you either don't have animals shipping that often, are using USPS or just don't know the true rates for FedEx next day service because the rate ($50 per order) is well below what we are actually charged for next day service.

While there are sellers that charge less for shipping, generally they are charging much more for the animals which makes up the difference in shipping charges.

I appreciate the comments and inquiries... but again, the animals have been sold.

Thanks again...
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #9
mikew1234
I love Stacy's response. Odds you aren't caught. But if you are, the seller and buyer both face some pretty nice fines, and jail time is a possibility. So it wouldn't necessarily be worth it to say to hell with them. I wouldn't risk it for you.. And that's a nice usps 2 day shipping price. I'm sure LAG goes with it? I choose to pay the 50-90 bucks over using 2 day shipping even with feeder insect colonies. If you can't stomach the shipping charges, maybe you should stick to local purchases.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!