Bad Guy Nate Swanson - swaneesexotics.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
mckyle
Nate Swanson - swaneesexotics.com

I bought a CBB Green Iguana from Nate this past Tuesday, and he shipped on Wednesday - overnight before 10:30. When the FedEx woman pulled up, I was confused at the box I was given: a simple cardboard box, no airholes or anything. And 2 corners were crushed.

When I opened the box, there was nothing in there but a cloth bag. No insulation from bumps or anything, just a cloth bag tied with a zip tie. The iguana was fine, but I can't imagine the trauma he went through by being shipped like that.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
hhmoore
Kyle,
As it shows in red on every page in the BOI: YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
Willow
First off...i dont know Nate...nor have i ever done business with him...but...

Im not to sure if this really requires a "bad guy" tag....maybe an "info" tag...but really...its the middle of August...its about high 80's to low 90 degree during the day where your at....insulation is not rally needed to keep the reptile warm

as for the corners being crushed...that would most likely be the fedex companys fault...not the shippers...other then the box being labeled as fragile or perisable or live reptile...which you did not indicate weather or not it was...it really does not sound like the lizard was packed to imporperly....maybe some newspaper for bumper control and all....but as you said...he arrived in fine shape

anway...just thought i might put my 2 cents in....he may not be a "bad guy" but just not....impressive, with his shipping methods...i guess lol

Old 08-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #4
Willow
sorry for my typos...im not the most sober person at this moment in time =)

Old 08-23-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
spawn
Quote:
a simple cardboard box, no airholes or anything.

The iguana arrived fine. This goes to show you that he in fact did NOT need air holes. It's a box, not an airtight bag.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
April Homich
You don't need airholes in a cardboard box, but that iguana was still lucky. The temps may be fine outside, but can you say that the box won't be sitting in the back of a hot vehicle somewhere? I think it's much much better to err on the side of safety when dealing with live animals and use an insulated box. Also, with the way packages get thrown around, I'm surprised that the iguana didn't get banged up. It's cheap/free to pad the inside of the shipping box.

Maybe the shipper is new to this and could use some instruction on how to properly ship...

Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
trhaynes
I know Nate, and if he did not think that it would have been fine i am sure that he would not have shipped the animal that way. I think that this is a CRAP post and It needs to be pulled from Bad Guy! He did nothing wrong and the iggy is fine.

Tom Haynes

Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckyle View Post
I bought a CBB Green Iguana from Nate this past Tuesday, and he shipped on Wednesday - overnight before 10:30. When the FedEx woman pulled up, I was confused at the box I was given: a simple cardboard box, no airholes or anything. And 2 corners were crushed.

When I opened the box, there was nothing in there but a cloth bag. No insulation from bumps or anything, just a cloth bag tied with a zip tie. The iguana was fine, but I can't imagine the trauma he went through by being shipped like that.
While I do not agree with the box used for your shipment, the bottom line is your iguana arrived in good condition as you stated.

Why start a bad guy thread over something you received in good condition?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!