LeesOkeetees.com a.k.a. Lee Abbott - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
hardwired
LeesOkeetees.com a.k.a. Lee Abbott

I did not see any posts about this breeder in particular so I thought I would start the ball rolling by stating that this is a REALLY GOOD breeder. I have had 5 or 6 transactions with him and found him to be highly reputable and knowledgeable. He has really taken care of me even when I lost one of my purchases from him through my own stupidity. He didn't have to replace the animal that I lost, but he did. I am sure everyone knows his Okeetees but he does other morphs and types of colubrids as well. I have seen his facility in person and it is immaculate. All of his animals are extremely healthy and his shipping methods are impeccable. I will continue to do business with him in the future.

Regards,

Laura

Old 09-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
MikeRusso
I agree!

100% Laura!!

Lee is a great guy to deal with and he produces some top notch animals!

~ Mike Russo

Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 AM   #3
SnakesUnlimited
Wow I didn't know he had a website but yeah he is a great person to deal with. He is one of my top ten people to see at any show in Florida because he always has top notch animals. I have made many purchases from him and he always seems to have one more animal that I want. Great guy and very laid back.

Jason Hood

Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
scaledverts
Thumbs up If there was a GREAT GUY option Lee would have gotten that one from me

Let me set the stage here. I purchased a pair of male Hondurans from Lee Abbott about 2 months ago at an expo. I asked him if they were feeding and what they were feeding on and was told that they were eating live and fresh killed pinkie mice. The snakes were small but I have never had a problem with a hatchling Honduran milksnake not wanting to eat.

I purchased them from him and took them home. One of them ate for me right away the other resisted. Some 4 weeks later, this was the only meal that either of the snakes had taken on their own. I double and triple checked my husbandry and asked everyone I could think of for tricks. Nothing worked for me. This whole time I had been letting Lee know that I was having problems with the snakes not wanting to eat in my care and we were trying to figure out why they suddenly stopped eating. At no point did I say I expected him to do anything for me other than ask for his help figuring out why they were not eating!

At this point Lee offered to exchange the snakes for me at Daytona. This blew me away as I was not expecting or even asking for an exchange. I made it clear to him that I know stuff like this just happens and I did not feel that it was his responsibility. Lee gave me a different Honduran out of his remaining babies. I have never experienced a better level of customer service. These snakes had been in my care for 2 months and he still went far and above the standard guarantee of 24 hours or maybe even a week without me asking!!! I would recommend Lee for not only Hondurans but also corn and grayband snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!