Inquiry~ Serpent's Den/Steve Markevich - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2003, 01:04 PM   #21
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally posted by Python Dreams
Jude,
You can believe what you want to believe. If you think I am out on a lynching party you are very wrong. This has absolutely nothing to do with wether Steve knew what he was doing was illegal. There is no question that Steve sent the snake without paperwork. That is illegal. He involved his customer in a crime. If the snakes dont have paperwork, they do need to be returned. Owning to it does not just mean that the you admit to your mistake, but solving it also. This is not he said she said. Sri Lankan pythons need paperwork. There is none. Despite information to the opposite, Steve still asked Gregory to ship them back. Is that honest? There is some proof of this from emails in that thread. Must all be lies.
Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance. I believe that. I'm sure I will make some mistakes also. I just dont see where he took any measures to solve this. You can twist the story around also and avoid the straight facts if you like. Gregory is very sue happy and I dont agree with what he has done. Still does not change what Steve involved him in. At what point is the seller responsible for his actions? Other than saying sorry. Im not part of a lynch party, and since Im the only one that feels that this situation is questionable, I doubt a party could be a term at all. I think a post "How about the offices of" was more of jumping on a lynch party then adding anything useful to a thread, but every one likes to focus on the positive when dealing with someone and ignore other aspects. Maybe that is why I have interest in this case because I've sold Gregory a couple thousand in pythons and had no problem whatsoever. He shouldve handled it differently, but what does he now do with the snakes? They have no paperwork.
Thanks, Tom Baker
Tom,

It's obvious you want to stick up for someone who purchases thousands of dollors worth of animals from you. Perhaps things would have been different if you lived on the other side of the country and you shipped him the animals.
As far as knowing Python m. pimbura is recognized as Python m. molurus, I did not know and if I have I would have never sold them out of state!
Your posting here has nothing to do with Gregory Bowman, if you want to be his buddy make your post on one of the Gregory Bowman threads.

Old 02-13-2003, 02:39 PM   #22
Python Dreams
Charles,
I stated a point at the beginning of this thread and have only backed it up since. I actually am over it, but just defending my viewpoint. Others are not over it because their is a whole new thread about the same thing. All of my cages are immaculate at the moment, since I'm a neat freak, so I really can't go clean cages. ;-)
Steve,
I apologize for bringing this thread in a negative direction. Like I said in an earlier post I dont doubt that your animals are clean, healthy, and well represented. Ive only been defending my original post. Especially knowing that there is confusion between molorus and pimbura makes it a weird situation. I think answers to my questions would be nice. At least for someone who might go through something similar in the future. As far as posting on another thread, I wont do that. Im not trying to buddy up with Gregory, I've only been discussing my initial response to the inquiry. I'll leave it at that, your customers speak well about you and that is what's important.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 02-14-2003, 04:35 AM   #23
Chris Eaton
just a quick 2 cents

I dont think that Tom is trying to lynch anyone. What I do find particularly interesting is that people post on this board to find out the scoop on someone. Tom was giving you his experience, he was being honest and not trying to lynch anyone. This board has become ripe with people who choose to ignore negative criticism but more so, its become cluttered with people who jump on the defensive as soon as they dont like what they hear. I have never bought a thing from Tom Baker, Greg, or Serpents Den. Greg seems a lil sue happy and I agree with that, but Tom is definately an asset to the herp community. Ive seen his set ups and you will NEVER find more pristine and immaculate caging. So don't tell him to clean cages lol. Maybe this thread is running on to long, BUT no one here should question Tom's character because he was being honest. I also noticed that all the people that jumped on Serpent Den's side have yet to answer the questions asked by Tom. Just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2003, 12:43 PM   #24
Python Dreams
Well said Chris....
I want to post one more reply to this since it was pretty much brought up in a new thread. Jude, I am not anti-Steve. I donot see why you did not post in this thread, other than the fact that you wanted to have a complete good guy thread for Steve and not clutter it up with other dealings. Fot that reason I will post here. If it is a good guy post you should leave the drama out of it and the accusations that I am anti-Steve, or whoever you were insinuating. Why bring this into a new thread? Just post the facts and how happy a customer you are. When these threads started I had a harsher feeling of Steve due to Gregorys situation. I still dont think hes handled it, but their have been plenty of other happy customers. If Steve had a Ball Python that I was intested in, I wouldnt hesitate to do business with him. Who knows if he would do business with me, but whatever. That does not sound anti-Steve. I just wanted to know how the situation has been handled.

Well try a different situation. If I sell you a car. You come to my dealership, you pay me for it. We test drive it, you really like it. You then leave with the car. The next day your friend aks "Where is the registration?" You say you didnt know you needed registration. You then call me back and tell me that you need the registration. I respond that I did not know that you needed it and I dont have it. You trust me since I own a dealership and you assume I would know all the laws. You then threaten legal action and I tell you forget it, situation over with. Your car, my bad. Im sorry though, it wont happen again. Now you have a car you cant drive...

I will let it die unless I'm specifically asked a question or have remarks made in my direction. I do not think I should be labeled anti-Steve, just concerned with an issue that we all might have to deal with someday. Can anybody answer these questions?

What is the correct legal way to resolve a seller sending you an animal without paperwork? How should this situation be handled? What should the buyer do? What should the seller do?

Thanks, Tom Baker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
serpents den, steve markevich