Hi everyone! I didn't know this forum existed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
John Albrecht
Hi everyone! I didn't know this forum existed

Since I'm soon-to-be divorced this is probably the place for me. Maybe I can get some advice on how not to make the same mistakes twice? lol. Like I'm "that" smart...lol

Mistake #1 - Do not expect love to solve every problem! No amount of love in the world can make someone overcome there discomfort with animals and reptiles in particular.

Mistake #2 - I should have bought those albino burms when they first came out instead of that multi-carat jewelry for her! lol

No hard feelings here. Mostly just frustration, at myself. I will never, ever, ever, never go out with a woman again that does not like snakes. And to prove it she already has to have at least 1 of her own.

Anybody else here been through this? Advice is welcome. I like to talk about Akitas too in case anybody is into that. If you have an Akita I'd love to see a picture!

Is it ok to vent here?

Old 07-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Albrecht
Since I'm soon-to-be divorced this is probably the place for me. Maybe I can get some advice on how not to make the same mistakes twice?
John, honey, you've come to the RIGHT PLACE!!! My last ex, I got rid of the ball python when it would have been MUCH wiser to get rid of the ex, which I did a few months later anyway.

There are SO many mistakes one can make in love, seems kinda wasteful to make the same one twice, lol.

My advice? Relax. Be yourself, and be up front about your love of reptiles. People need to love you for who you are.

I have 4 dogs but no Akitas, but there are plenty of dog folks on the dog forum here.

Welcome!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Laura Fopiano
Too bad your so far away John!! I just went through my divorce, it was hell, but, I have an awesome boa collection and no more lazy step son's that steal my cigs and money to buy meth with!! No more cleaning up after that bunch of ungrateful slobs....and I 'm going to Daytona which never would have happened if I were still married. Chin up, it gets better, then worse, then different, and now better!!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
ZX11
These horror stories remind me of my own.

1st marriage: she had 3 daughters. The older two were great, particularly the middle girl. The younger one was, and still is, nothing but trouble.
She lied, stole things, broke stuff, and did some of the NASTIEST things I've ever seen. She alone was cause for divorce. The mother was worthless, refused to do anything and was often in her nightclothes for days at a time.
We divorced and the two older girls wanted to stay with me as their father would not take them and their mother became a drunk.
I finnished raising the girls and they are on their own and doing fine. Finnished school and have kids. To their consideration, I am their father and those kids are my grandchildren.
Divorced because their mother started sleeping with her drinking buddies.

2nd marriage: Again, 3 kids. older boy, younger sisters. The boy was like the younger girl from 1st marriage-- trouble, but on a much larger scale. At 10 years old, he would cuss at me and throw things, beat his sisters with anything he could find. When he told me he would burn my house down, I put him out. When his mom objected, I put her out. The youngest girl would crap in her pants at 7 years old and say " I didn't know I had to go". Really, how can you not know something was falling out of your butt? Anyway, dear old mom was meeting people on the internet while I was working and I came to find she was a slut in every sense of the word. That put her out pernamently and for all time.

So, I had time to reflect on my misstakes and move on. I am a member of a few forums, mostly motorcycle related stuff. That, or reps. I didn't bother to find anyone, no looking at all. I figured I had been married for the past 20 years, time for me. In this time, I had some interesting encounters, made some friends and had a life. I also decided I know what I am and what I am about and no woman was gonna change me to fit her needs and wants. If someone wanted me, then she has to deal with me as I am. There is no warranty. I've had heart attacks and other major health issues. If I didn't end up with another woman, then, fine. I am a broke down old mule, I came to terms that all those younger gals weren't worth having { and they don't want older guys, either} and the older gals want younger guys, richer guys, or at least someone in good health. I don't fit any of that.

So, life goes and things happen and life goes more. I made lots of friends in the cyber world. People I know I can trust and count one. One lady in particular helped me through some very trying times in my life. We emailed and phoned each other and this became a daily thing, just discussing life stuff. She was divorced and got along with the ex ok, but his drinking caused their divorce.

Anywho......... one day she calls and asks if I want to meet up. I said sure. She says meet me in Toronto. I fly up there and then we were flying to each other quite often.

We got married in March this year and, while I am waiting for my papers to live in Canada, she comes here once a month to visit for weekends.

She is Tiawanese, and is the sweetest thing ever. Very dedicated and devoted. I am certain this is the lady I should have met when I was learning to fly on my own.

My main lesson learned: be yourself and let someone accept you for that. Don't settle.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
John Albrecht
No such thing as "too far". I've gone that far just to road cruise! lol.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
lizardsister2
John, I really think you may be in for a very rough road. I mean there are many women who love snakes, I'm one of them, but I must say there's a misconception that men have about reptile loving women. My boyfriend was very excited because I am the kind of girl who wants snakes and geckos instead of multicarat jewelry. No, no, no, I'm the kind of girls who wants snakes and geckos AND multicarat jewelry. I'm not sure any man gets to totally get off of that hook.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
ZX11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsister2
John, I really think you may be in for a very rough road. I mean there are many women who love snakes, I'm one of them, but I must say there's a misconception that men have about reptile loving women. My boyfriend was very excited because I am the kind of girl who wants snakes and geckos instead of multicarat jewelry. No, no, no, I'm the kind of girls who wants snakes and geckos AND multicarat jewelry. I'm not sure any man gets to totally get off of that hook.
I can say that I got off that hook. My other half hates diamonds, loves jade. While she is not a rep lover, she does like the snakes and I cannot stand spiders, but she likes those.
But, being Chinese, gold is a must. Not alot, but the must still exsists. However, gold in Chinese society is very, very pure-- alot more so than here. So, I am off the hook again, sort of. Gold is passed from generation to generation there, so buying it is very seldom.

Again, off the hook because she does like to wear jewelry, therefore, no investment for that, either.

And, every woman I have had any involvement with liked the snakes. Rep ladies are everywhere, so that should not be an issue.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsister2
I'm the kind of girls who wants snakes and geckos AND multicarat jewelry. I'm not sure any man gets to totally get off of that hook.
I like snakes but prefer heavy Mexican old/antique wrought sterling with perhaps turquoise or onyx or other stones to carats.
But I agree about keeping them on the hook

Old 08-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #9
John Albrecht
Hey, I don't mind a woman liking jewelry and other "normal" feminine stuff. In fact, I prefer a woman that can do it all.

I'm actually a corporate professional, but I love reptiles and reptile people. I'm pretty hard to catagorize, and I think I would like a woman that can surprise me with her versatility and difficulty being catagorized too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!