A note for those who use this forum - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
evansnakes
A note for those who use this forum

Hi there. I have tried for several years as a user of this site to help people who have needed help in this forum and on the BOI. I wanted to post a notice for all of you that this year, when my paid membership runs out and my paid sponsorship of this forum runs out that I will not be using this site any longer. I will take my classifieds to kingsnake and I will go back to taking any calls and emails from people that need help with any animals I am qualified to help with. I am still breeding and selling many species of animals but am no longer willing to sponsor what I feel has become an unmoderated site where people launch personal attacks with the attempt to cause harm to business and income of others based on nothing factual but rather just mean spirited garbage. I don't need and don't have time for it.

I would like to thank you all for reading my posts and buying my animals as those apply. Anyone who would like to ever purchase anything or contact me for any other reason, my info is here for you:

Evansnakes@aol.com
248 253 1334
www.evanstahlreptiles.com

With the founder of the site not caring what is said and done here and with so many people refusing to post their bad experiences for fear of attack and humiliation I can now see this site has lost it's way and is not serving the purpose it was created for. It is now just filled with attacks on people by the same small group in almost every thread. Until it ends, people will keep leaving this site and with the loss of the money and traffic eventually it will end when Rich pulls the plug.

I hope that users of this site will start a conversation about the site itself to try to get it back on course but I have not seen anyone try.

I wish you all well and if I can help as I have for almost 20 years, I am happy to do so. Thanks again and good luck. Evan Stahl

Old 11-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
shrap
Evan,

I understand your frustration with the way people conduct themselves, but that is going to happen anywhere you go. Forums, shows, your place of work, your local bar.... it dont matter. It is more a reflection of society than any particular forum.

While it is your choice to walk away, and I cant say that I have not felt the same way at times, just know that your contributions have been appreciated. Even if you are sometimes like the old cranky guy on the corner who keeps the kids' balls that go into his yard.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
LadyOhh
Evan,

I have to say I agree with your statement. It makes it that much harder to ask for help or to post a comment without being torn to shreds... I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving, but I'm sure you are going to be on some other forum and we will meet again. Best of luck...

Old 11-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #4
evansnakes
Thanks Sammy I really do appreciate that but unfortunately the stuff is really starting to piss me off and I am just not willing to force myself to deal with these people anymore. They could never get away with bullshit like that in public, in person, on kingsnake or very many other places I can think of. They would get beat down if they tried to treat people like that in person and that is why they do it online. Kingsnake would remove them from the site for it as well. So they do it here.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
Wolfy-hound
Evan, when it is causing you stress and you are not enjoying the time here, it is time to step back. I wish everyone would only behave as if they are in person, but unfortunately all over the web people take advantage of the fact that I am not there to whack the back of their head for being rude and antagonistic.
I hope that I can run into you on other sites, and maybe one day you'll be back here too.
The only reason I don't use Kingsnake is that the site is not as easy to use. I like the easy stuff, since I only have x amount of time to spare for the internet.
HUGS!
Wolfy

Old 11-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
bamasmith
I really liked this site when I first found it.And I would like to remain as a regular.But with the unsupervised Forums it has become a joke to all that I have spoken to.And, I for one, feel let down.I love Pythons.And this site and its adds are the reason for me getting back into keeping them after a 10yr absence.But this place is becoming a terrible joke because of the ones that get on here and act like an .I find it hard to have any respect for this site AND the ones who supposedly monitor it. If this site is going to succeed,and I would love for it too,they are going to have to start being accountable for the garbage that is being left on here.But I do'nt see it happening.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
darkbloodwyvern
wow, my thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound
Evan, when it is causing you stress and you are not enjoying the time here, it is time to step back. I wish everyone would only behave as if they are in person, but unfortunately all over the web people take advantage of the fact that I am not there to whack the back of their head for being rude and antagonistic.
I hope that I can run into you on other sites, and maybe one day you'll be back here too.
The only reason I don't use Kingsnake is that the site is not as easy to use. I like the easy stuff, since I only have x amount of time to spare for the internet.
HUGS!
Wolfy

we will miss ya, hope that it will get better someday. I really can't beleive some of the crap that has been going on lately. There are too many people who need whacked over the back of the head. the other problem i have with kingsnake is they just don't seem to allow business inquiries period, which is really agitating. however, you are one person i would not need to look up because you have been getting great reviews from the majority of sane people, I will be sure to look you up when i need something.
thanks and sorry...
~jessi

Old 11-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
evansnakes
Thanks very much guys. I want to clarify one thing, one of the wonderful people posting on a thread about me on the boi made a comment that I was writing this thread to urge people to change this site. Let me be as clear as is humanly possible for those who just have to interpret a simple statement to mean something it does not.

I meant only and exactly what I said. I am not asking anyone to do or say anything to anyone about anything. I do not now and will not care if the site changes in any way at any time. The damage has been done and cannot be undone. The things being said about me and the fashion in which they have been posted is unacceptable to me and why would I pay to support a site that allows that to go on? It makes no sense. This is not any form of protest or appeal to anyone for anything. This is me telling people in advance I am leaving and giving them my contact info in case they would like to save it for future reference. Simple. So to those who want to find something that isn't there, you can stop now. Thanks

Old 11-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
So to those who want to find something that isn't there, you can stop now. Thanks
Oh Evan, you know as well as I do that the super sleuth Barney Fife's of Fauna are never going stop. Once they get bored with you they will move on to someone else.

I personally just write them off for the twits that they are and put them on my pay no mind list. Who they are and what they think mean absolutely nothing to me. In a way it is sad that this crap goes on, but in another way I am glad that Rich allows it because it lets people show their true colors.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasmith
I because of the ones that get on here and act like an .
This is a no win situation. The site was monitored carefully, which took quite a bit if time and effort. But you would get a group that would put their toe just across the line, just to see whether something would be done about the toe and not the whole foot. And either way, had something to say about it. Loudly, frequently and at length.

And let's not forget the disheartening effect of recent events that I need not recapitulate on the morale of those who did want a good site here, with people who would be kind and good and decent to one another and help one another in the hobby.
Yes, those ones, whether here or in other sites, that take their pleasure in destruction and drama rather than building the hobby, have left an indelible mark.

I still appreciate all those good people everywhere who take their time to help, to answer questions, to advance the hobby for those in it, and help bring new reptile enthusiasts to share their questions and have a good beginning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!