first clutch of the year!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
RTROUPE
first clutch of the year!!!!!!!

I breed my pin to a normal female. She laid 9 eggs total, one was a slugaroo.
The first one hatched two day's ago, a pinstripe rock on. The second and third came out of their eggs today, both pinstripes!! So i took a peek at the other five, all pinstripes. man what a day. My question is how did that happen??

Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
WOW! what crazy odds!!!

Apparently the Ball Python Gods like you!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
RTROUPE
Thank you, so do the adult beverages tonight. I never expected that ratio.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
OMG! It doesn't get much cooler than that, congrats!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
RTROUPE
so far five are in the hatch rack , three to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
snakemansnakes
Awesome odds Heres to 1.7

Old 05-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
CornNut
Has this pin ever produced non pin offspring before (or is this his first clutch)?

If no non pin offspring, do you know if his parents could have both been pinstripes?

BRB reported last year that he had what appears to be a homozygous pinstripe and that it looks just like a heterozygous pinstripe (all or almost all the pinstripes before that one are heterozygous for the mutation). If your pinstripe came from a pin X pin clutch then it was a 33% chance homozygous pinstripe and you might have hit those odds.

Or you might have just got lucky with a heterozygous pin (like 1 in 256 lucky).

Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
RTROUPE
I breed him to three more females this year, time will tell. I purchased him at the narbc in dallas last year from an asian man from St Louis. This is his first clutch.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
RTROUPE
amen to the 1.7

Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
Rick247
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornNut View Post
Has this pin ever produced non pin offspring before (or is this his first clutch)?

If no non pin offspring, do you know if his parents could have both been pinstripes?

BRB reported last year that he had what appears to be a homozygous pinstripe and that it looks just like a heterozygous pinstripe (all or almost all the pinstripes before that one are heterozygous for the mutation). If your pinstripe came from a pin X pin clutch then it was a 33% chance homozygous pinstripe and you might have hit those odds.

Or you might have just got lucky with a heterozygous pin (like 1 in 256 lucky).
Some folks where talking about the spider gene being this way too.

He is a for sure keeper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!