Wrinkled scales/White spot after shed. What is it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
airtight_python
Wrinkled scales/White spot after shed. What is it?

My buddy has a ball with small areas of wrinkled scales. They just appear as though they are dried out and shriveled slightly. Not black or rotten. When the spots are rubbed the scales will flake off. When it shed after a nebulizing treatment it left white spots where the wrinkled scales were. Like those areas just lost pigment.

I have began F10 nebulizing treatments on all of his snakes as well as mine since I can't be sure who may have come in contact with who. Should I introduce antibiotics?

From photos and info I've gathered it doesn't seem to be scale rot.

If someone could point me toward an article or compilation of the most common (or not so common) snake illnesses that would be great.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
Pictures might help

F10 Nebulizing treatments? For?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
Pictures might help

F10 Nebulizing treatments? For?
That's what I was wondering, too. If you're not sure what's going on with them, your best bet is a trip to the vet.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
airtight_python
Because if it's bacterial or fungal, which is likely, the F10 should be a viable treatment. Better to take precautions early.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
airtight_python
We've also just started collecting and all of the snakes are new acquisitions. I have been meaning to treat mine anyway and will do so with all newly acquired snakes.

It would be great to come across someone that has seen this before. If it were more convenient for us to make the 100+ mile trip to a rep vet and cover fees we would have done so and I would not be inquiring here. I have medications and means of dosing. I just don't know what to dose.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Toddbecker1234
What you are asking is for someone to "diagnose" your snake sight unseen without as much as photo. Based on your description alone it could be any number of things. I personally was thinking a burn perhaps but in no way would I or anyone with some common sense attempt to actually predict a correct course of treatment without actually seeing the snake. Todd

Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
airtight_python
How many different ways are there for a scale to appear wrinkly, but not black or deteriorating like scale rot?

Upon research I've found photos here that look like the same thing, and again no one had indicated a clue about what it was. I can however assure you that it's not a burn, surface nor radiant.

The damaged scales are tiny and I don't know that even macro photos with the camera I have would do anyone any good, but I'll get some for ya'll if it would help you tell me what causes it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!