Goldfish swimming backwards - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
greg c
Goldfish swimming backwards

Funny video I made of my goldfish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKoV4l799Ow

Old 01-03-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
LauraB
Pretty goldfish. Add more water to their tank or get a less powerful filter. That's why they can't swim correctly and look like they are swimming backwards and want to hang at the bottom, away from the output of the filter. It looks like you are just stressing them out.

Very nice looking boxer.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:46 AM   #3
LauraB
Well, I have to admit my total embarrassment. I saw more of your videos, Greg. I stand so corrected and humbled. You obviously do not need my idiot schooling on tanks/fish.

I raised larger species of cichlids and gouramis for many years before I got into reptiles. They were so fun and cool and yeah, out growing tanks all the time (Jack D my favorite). And all had a nice long lifespan. Same with the cute little aquarium catfish and goldfish in little tanks for my boys. I had to put 2 ponds outside after my kids little aquarium fish grew, carps and cats, lol.

My sincere apologies for jumping to conclusions and my baseless response just based upon this one video.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
greg c
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Well, I have to admit my total embarrassment. I saw more of your videos, Greg. I stand so corrected and humbled. You obviously do not need my idiot schooling on tanks/fish.

I raised larger species of cichlids and gouramis for many years before I got into reptiles. They were so fun and cool and yeah, out growing tanks all the time (Jack D my favorite). And all had a nice long lifespan. Same with the cute little aquarium catfish and goldfish in little tanks for my boys. I had to put 2 ponds outside after my kids little aquarium fish grew, carps and cats, lol.

My sincere apologies for jumping to conclusions and my baseless response just based upon this one video.
Nice fish you had! the goldfish video is purposely run in reverse with the use of powerdirector video editor, I did it on accident and thought it looked cool so made the video that way

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!