Expected delivery dates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
hhmoore
Expected delivery dates

Why would a company provide an expected delivery date that is clearly wrong before it get's started?
I placed an order during the night (product of being awake and bored); and I've already received a notification that my item has shipped. That means that they processed the shipment, and it should go out today. The expected delivery date that came with the ship notification is May 16...and it is being sent UPS ground. Granted, that is 8-10 business days, depending on when it actually goes out & how you do your counting.....but the company is in the same state, and most instate ground deliveries get here the next day.

Now, it doesn't really matter when it gets here (as long as it is before June 9), I just think it is silly to send that kind of notification. I'm assuming it is a generic thing, and that they don't do "real" notifications due to their volume; but that doesn't mean it makes any more sense to me.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
radera5
Definitely odd. Are you sure it is actually getting shipped from NY? I know many companies have a warehouse in a certain state but they also have warehouses in other states that might actually be shipping your order. I work for Amazon.com and when I order something from there...it ends up coming from one of the other facilities from another state, even if I know the item I ordered is stocked the warehouse I work at just a couple miles away from my house.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
hhmoore
Well, it says it is shipped from there...guess I'll have a better idea if it shows up tomorrow, lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
radera5
This is true LoL

Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
WebSlave
Seems to me that it is just lazy programming. They probably are just sending out a worst case scenario. But I guess it could backfire on them. More than once I have cancelled orders, or not made them at all, when the displayed expected delivery day was way longer than I considered as acceptable.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
radera5
Wondering what ever happened with this?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
hhmoore
I haven't heard back from the company yet. The product - advertised as Sold by, and shipped from _______ - actually got shipped by another company at the other side of the country. It did arrive on the 16th, but I'm not thrilled about the inaccurate information. I would have bought it from somewhere else & gotten it a lot quicker, had I known they weren't really the ones shipping.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Lucille
When I've bought stuff from Amazon.com, the companies are in a hurry to mark the item as shipped. Once shipped, you cannot cancel or change the order. I believe also that the ship date is when they actually charge your card and get their funds. And, one of the ways the companies are graded by the customer is whether they got the item delivered by the date they quoted, so I suppose it might be in their best interests to pad that time a bit.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
radera5
I had a funny feeling it would be this way. I would not have expected it be shipped from a different company all together though.

Thanks for the update Mr. Moore

Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
When I've bought stuff from Amazon.com, the companies are in a hurry to mark the item as shipped. Once shipped, you cannot cancel or change the order. I believe also that the ship date is when they actually charge your card and get their funds. And, one of the ways the companies are graded by the customer is whether they got the item delivered by the date they quoted, so I suppose it might be in their best interests to pad that time a bit.
I did purchase the item from Amazon.com....but I specifically chose this seller because they were just a few hours away. Even "Ground" gets here the next day. If the page/ad didn't indicate the item would be shipped by that company, I would have ordered elsewhere. I switched to that company purely because of the shorter delivery time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!