Bad Guy Tony121204/Anthony Pappas is a scammer - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #111
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley7950 View Post
pretty well convinced there ARE no tortoises and never were...In fact I'd question how much of the wall of merchandise he advertised on Fauna back in August actually existed...
I've been digging this morning. I 100% agree.

I believe everything is 100% fake.
The names = fake
The scammer's gender = him OR her
The ads = fake
The email = fake (scam use only)
The phone = listed from New Jersey

Entire thing was a scam. Someone in the reptile community did this, not like a Nigerian scam.

Most individual reptile keepers focus on specific areas. He/she posted ads in a lot of areas to see who would bite: boa ad, burm ad, tortoise ad, cage ad, etc.

I hope all readers will do additional homework on unknown people first.

If you are brave/crazy/foolish enough to even do business with unknown people try:

1.Get an address first, then double check it against public records.
2.Speak (not text) to the person first. This can give you their sex, approx age, education level. Speaking to someone also allows them to talk long enough to trip up on their story as you ask educated questions.
3. No location in Fauna ID = huge red flag.
4. Speaking to one person (Anthony Pappas) but sending money to a completely different person (Kate Ellis) = HUGE red flags.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #112
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
There are ways to get around the verified process for scammers but most aren't smart enough.
Or put in the time.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #113
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
I actually was selling a rack here & on Craigslist very recently & he responded. He seemed interested but I kind of was turn off by the delaying to meet, not contacting me through fauna when he had an account, & information with the iphone he used. I like to get as much info before meeting anyone so I usually do a little research online. It's not a huge deal & can probably be explained but when I looked up the number it came up Anthony Pappas not a Kate Ellis. I was able to see his profile on facebook & where he works, etc. It seemed like I had a friend who worked with him at one time from his photo's. I'm guessing I lucked out by not dealing with him. Here is the e-mails we sent back & forth. I blocked out the numbers because I'm not sure of the policy in the BOI but I hope this helps in someway. Feel free to PM me if needed.
Could you send me a link to the Anthony Pappas facebook page that you believe is this person?

Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #114
Dennis Hultman
732-720-3085
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #115
texassaddleman
Lesson learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Just a note for everyone reading.

Never send funds to someone unverified.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #116
Dennis Hultman
------
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #117
Dennis Hultman
The phone number is a cell phone.

All the IP addresses where on that "pools.spcsdns.net" before the last few posts.

Looking at the recent communications here it was from Comcast out
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.

That IP matches another user here.

When looking at that users profile they used that same sprint pool too.

Looking further at this.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #118
juliasara
He's viewing this thread.. I'd like to hear from Tony again.. not that I think anything he will say is true lol but if he's currently viewing this he obviouobviously knows the op sent him text.. speak up Tony (or whatever your real name is)

Old 10-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #119
Tony121204
I spoke to him, it is my real name. I worked it out to ship the torts had a flight booked rick had back surgery so the time was no good asked me to have them changed to get to him between hours 8-5 buisness hours to have his helper help him load the torts. I then changed it to a 615 am flight which required me to be at the airport at 415 am. No excuse I over slept and did not make it there at 415 am.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #120
juliasara
Can you please post pictures of the torts with a pipiece of paper with the date and the op's name on it so he knows you have them and that you are telling the truth.. that wI'll help your creditability

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!