baby bearded not so good - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
Sounds like THEY could not care for it in the first place, so why on earth would you be responsible for making right on an animal they helped, basically, to kill? You did your best, if they wanted a guarantee that it would be better they should have brought it to the vet MUCH sooner.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
skip88
ya I don't know but they have been calling all morning and telling me they can get the police involved if I don't replace the lizard.see what happens when you try and do something nice you get threatened and then told this is all my fault ahh start of a bad day.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
Snake-Queen
It is their fault for letting the poor thing get that bad in the first place. You tried to help them out & repair what they did. It isn't your fault, so you do not owe them a dragon.

I am sorry they are blaming you, when they should reflect on how it got that way in the first place.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip88 View Post
ya I don't know but they have been calling all morning and telling me they can get the police involved if I don't replace the lizard.see what happens when you try and do something nice you get threatened and then told this is all my fault ahh start of a bad day.
The police will not do anything, this is a civil dispute.

Did you tell them you would replace it if it died? Was that even on the table when they gave it to you? If not ignore their threats. Let them call the police.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
skip88
I told them I would try and help him with no garuntee I said nothing about replacement I guess they just figured I would.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
Snake-Queen
Quote:
I told them I would try and help him with no garuntee I said nothing about replacement I guess they just figured I would.
Personally, I wouldn't get/give them another dragon. It is obvious they do not know how to care for one.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
any ideas on what I should do.
Yes. The pictures you posted were pitiful. I would tell them that the next time they call, you will forward the pictures to the police/animal control/cruelty division and explain that they let the lizard get into this condition, it died despite your attempts to help, and they are harassing you. Send a copy of this thread too if you want. Then if they call, just do it.
I wouldn't LET them have another lizard after the way this one looked when they gave it to you.
RIP little lizard

Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
GMTIRRILL
That poor baby! Its sad to see something like that happen. you tried your best in a no win situation, and the people you where trying are the ones to blame for the dragons death. For that animals sake do not replace him with another animal that may find his/her death at the hands of those individual that don't know what they are doing

"just my two cent on a crappy situation"

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
skip88
no its OK I welcome anyone's 2 cents.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Headcreeps
That sucks he didn't make it.
I agree with what everyone has said about these people threatening you. Take it easy, they can't do anything to you. All you can do is explain how the situation truly went down and you do not owe them a thing.
Have a good day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!