GTP set up. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
The Python Lab
GTP set up.

just started getting set to purchase my first GTP. i ordered a glass 18 x 18 x 24 enclosure. front door accessible. i would like opinion on what would be the best and most natural way to set up the enclosure. best substrate for humidity. best wattage for heat bulb. ( top of cage is screen ) is UV lighting necessary or unnecessary. is a fogger or mister necessary or can the humidity be maintained by misting with a spray bottle. also any brand names of these products you would recommend. thanks.
D.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
youd be better off with a radiant heat panel for a GTP, Since the Heat Light would probably Kill most humidity needed to keep them, or it would just be a right pain in the butt to keep up. UV is not needed.

And depending on the size of the GTP, that cage will either be too big, or too small. 24x24x24 is fairly basic, but you can also do longer, with the same height and depth as well, for an adult. Smaller is better for Juvies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!