Kevin Peters - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #41
Tom McKenna
I was take by this piece of sh!t for a better use of words over a year ago on a albino southern pine!!

Tom McKenna

Old 05-13-2004, 01:59 AM   #42
COBRAMAN
Tanith...........

Quote:
I know that Kevin Peters is not Kevin Smith, but I was wondering if he was connected to the people in California and South Carolina who are involved in Kevin Smith's dubious business dealings.
When Ken was buying the snakes that were to be shipped to Kevin Smith in OR (to hack up), he never gave his last name, and even stated that Ken was not really his name. He always paid with cash sent overnight. Ken's area code is 818 if that is any help. He claimed to own his own business of making glass pipes for a head shop, and sounded like he thouroughly tested his products.

As for Kevin Smith, the sooner the authorities put that hacker out of business, the better.

My former partner at ERJ told me that he had sent quite a few baby Rhino Vipers to Kevin Smith (about a month ago) that were paid for by a Steve Clark in South Carolina. I guess Ken got tired of Kevin Smith ripping him off.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Ray Hunter

Old 05-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #43
pappy1473
-just some info

I noticed in one of the previous posts here in this thread that someone brought up the point that Kevin was given the option to donate the animal to a zoo or have it destroyed, and HE chose to have it destroyed. Few problems there:
#1 in most cases they dont give this option to the receiver (once animal is confiscated, it is out of their hands at that point. With that kind of response surrounding this particular confiscation and the media being involved, unfortunately that Cobra didnt have a chance.
#2 most animals confiscated by the local DNR or Fish and game ARE infact destroyed..(regardless of what they say) unless someone can infact take them in (immediately), and there are various reasons why "for instance" a zoological institution couldnt DO SO. I know this to be FACT!!
#3 At the Zoological institution I work at, WE would have not been able to take that snake in either because A)we do not have the proper antivenin for that specific species and we HAVE to have antivenin on every venomous species we exhibit. And most zoological institutions work in this manner. Bringing animals to a Zoo takes a lot of preparing on our part and its rare that we can rapidly take in their confiscations especially when dealing with venomous.
I wish the DNR/Fish and wildlife would try a little harder at placing confiscated animals and not be so quick to euthanize. The animals are the true victims in this.

DNR and Fish and wildlife cannot properly and safely hold such animals long term so euthanasia was chosen. ( and i am sure that had nothing to do with Peters decision).
It comes down to 2 things when it pertains to the course of action they take upon illegally shipped animals or animals that are being kepped illegally: #1/ how willing or diligent were they (the DNR or Fish and Wildlife officers) in finding an acceptable, legal, permitted individual facility for it #2will that facility be able to take it in?

But I do find it very suspicious that this guy claims that they are not what he ordered. I too am suspicious that he knew what was going to be in the box, yet I do not understand why any herp keeper would open up their package in front of a UPS employee, hot herp or not.
Some people dont understand or respect the fact that some people in life dont enjoy herps as we do (venomous or not!)
This happens all the time and unfortunatley animals are needlessly paying the ultimate price for OTHERS peoples mistakes.
This guy was an idiot (the shipper obviously but also the receiver )

My not so humble opinion
Shannon Richards

Old 05-14-2004, 08:52 PM   #44
GinoInDaBronx
4 major scumbags...

hey guys,

as we have already been made aware, certain law
enforcement agencies are monitoring this thread. here
is our chance to put them onto the trail of four major
bad guys (arguably the lowest forms of life in the herp
industry-and that is saying a lot!).

1. kevin peters (california)- owning venomous snakes
without a permit.
-numerous online fraud operations
-federal charges for interstate rip-offs

2. bruce eisenmann (south carolina)-despite what anja
claims, we all know that it was this jizzwad that mailed
those hots to peters.
-way too many other crimes to mention here. look him
up on the south carolina reptile exchange thread.

3. and 4. richard richey and kevin smith (oregon)
-these two i really despise
-you can get them on, literally hundreds, of animal
torture cases.
-they mutilate hot snakes in their care
-dont forget, they practice veterinary medicine without
a license.

anything else to add?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:24 PM   #45
COBRAMAN
Quote:
kevin smith (oregon)

Any law enforcement officers willing to investigate Kevin Smith, please feel free to contact me, and I will provide you with all the information and evidence you need to arrest this shade-tree hacker.

I now can PROVE he performs venomoid hacking without a vet license, and uses Rx meds in his proceedures without a script.

If you want a preview of what kind of person he is, simply do a search for his name or his past posts on this site (warning: be sure you have a lot of time on your hands before starting to read the threads about him on this site)

Old 05-14-2004, 11:26 PM   #46
ZX11
Open letter for everyone of FaunaC, all law enforcement, and Kevin Peters:

I have been ripped off by Kevin Peters, see thread "Kevin Peters, Tracy, CA".

Despite numerous attempts to have law enforcement do anything about him Peters' scams, he still remains the number one threat to our hobby and passion.
There have been countless complaints made to the police depts where Peters lives, still nothing.
Did he know what was in that box? YES he did.
When I paid for snakes never received, he tols me he would ship through UPS. I told him that is was illegal. He told me that if I got caught taking delivery of them, to just say I was expecting boas, not anything venomous and that he would ship them with a false shippers address so it could not be traced back to him.
Every email from him I have kept. Every instant message contact with him, I have kept.
This man, if he could be considered such, is a menace to society and to the herp community in general.
Since the police dept and Wildlife services have their eye on him now, this is the time to make accountable for his actions.
He has also forged documents in order to purchase alligators and then paid for them with bad checks. He is wanted by many people and it is time the police and federal officials stopped playing around and take this matter seriously. Wildlife services in California should actually get from behind their desks and get this guy out of the business pernamently.
Am I mad about this?????? YES !!!!!!!

The law enforcement has had him and all the complaints but nothing is done. Nothing at all. Period. Come up with whatever excuses you want, but NOTHING has been done. Why???
You have every shred of evidence offered to you, by me. I have thousands of pages documenting this guy's scams. I have offered it time and time again. No takers.
I guess for anything to be done, we will have to bribe the police, federal agencies, and/or wildlife services.

Once again, Peters has hit the spotlight, once again, I offer my evidence. Lets see if anyone has the nerve to actually do their jobs.

On to "Sonya".

I recieved this letter on May 12, 2004 from "Sonya Alverez", "Sonya_Marie2003@yahoo.com", IP:67.218.37.229.:

" I know where you can find him. I was hif GF for a year and I am just now realizing he has been a fraud".

I wrote back requesting information but as of yet, no response.

Is this, in fact, Kevin???? I don't know, I don't care.

What I do know is someone needs to do their job. Arrest Peters immediately. There is more than enough evidence to convict him of interstate fraud, theft, illegal possesion of wildlife, illegally shipping wildlife, interstate trafficking of illegal wildlife, terroristic threats, aggravated harrassment, attempted interstate fraud, internet fraud, money transfer fraud, use of telecommunications for the purpose to commit fraud, use of telecommunications to commit terroristic threats, and I am certain, tax fraud.
But, a closer look will reveal our little buddy also has comitted the offesenses of impersonating a law enfrocement officer, impersonating a wildlife ranger, impersonation of a millitary officer.

Is he a convicted felon? If so, add to that list that he is attempting to purchase/possess firearms. I have in my papers, where he asked me to ship him firearms in trade for snakes.

Ok, so this thread is being watched?????? How about someone contact the paper that ran the story and give them this thread as well as all of the others about Peters. Let them see the truth. Let them see where Peters has threatened people in the other threads.

I have not said anything that was not true and everything said here can be proved. All we need is for the law to do their jobs.

Old 05-15-2004, 12:21 AM   #47
Amos
Warning!

Hey Micheal ,I also got E mails from Kevin oops I mean Sonya.I also recieved an E mail from CA, F and G I will send you the e mail.Surley they cant overlook this a$$ hole any longer.He(kevin) also told me he was a police officer for the Stanisluase county sheriffs office (forgive spelling).He is a thief and a felon.He needs to be put where felons belong.I thought CA Fish and Game were really tough and observent.I guess we will see.The next headline we see in the Modesto Bee is"Kevin Peters jailed for numoruse crimes.

Bye Bye Kevin :

Trey Small

Old 05-15-2004, 12:44 AM   #48
ZX11
Thanks, Trey.

I have a full folder on Peters and everything I get from folks such as yourself is that much more he cannot dispute.

Keep the info coming. I have had numerous contacts with F&G in Cali and all I got was the big woof from them. They refuse to get off their butts and take action. Same with local police there. Even when offered the evidence.

But, that is ok, because a number of us are contemplating filing formal charges against the police and F&G for failure to perform services. We have almost enough for a class action suit. If it comes to that, imagine the heads that will roll. I have the names of every person contacted by myself and others. They will be the target of investigations, too. But, think of the media play Peters will get then. Certainly, he will be convicted on everything under the sun.

And to think, I kept up with all this because he ripped me off for $360. Sad, isn't it???????

Old 05-15-2004, 01:50 AM   #49
Amos
Thumbs up Yup

I fully agree.I still find it hard this guy hasnt wound up in jail yet!!
He is a wart on the butt of herpers everywhere and needs to be removed.Someone(local police,F and G)need to investigate this guy FULLY!!!

Trey Small

Old 05-16-2004, 11:00 PM   #50
strawgurrl
YES I am an actual person. I have known Kevin for more than a year and it was quite shocking for me to read all this stuff about someone whom I was very close to and care about. BUT if you all want to keep believing its really Kevin and not actually a girl then go right ahead. You can mention my name all you want and act like a bunch of fools by saying its really Kevin when it is not. Its no wonder you got ripped off if you just assume things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!