Bad Guy Bruce McElyea SCAM - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
iamjcal
Hes sent me some more emails. progressively harder to understand. One seemed angry maybe that he was never delivered the 10k. So if I piece it together I think that was accidentally sent to me maybe and he thought he was getting a big check from an earlier email, it never came and he has regrets about spending over 800 bucks now. Not sure but thats my take home maybe. In one he insulted me and called me poor because I wouldnt refund his money and just make an insurance claim to get the money back (I think. its hard to understand)

I contacted paypal. They told me some very helpful info that I will choose to keep to myself in case he does make a claim against me, but I will likely be in great shape. I just hate the fact that I may someday need to defend myself to paypal, government etc, but with scummy people in the hobby, and a nicer end collection that I have I figure its bound to happen every once in a while and its always better to get ahead of problems and be ready.

I understand that he may have a sympathizer out there somewhere and seeing as this thread is permanent I will always offer many many more references for myself about people that were very happy with our herps.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #22
iamjcal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Is there anything in your TOS about how quickly after the package is delivered you need to be contacted if there is a problem? I've seen anywhere from two to four hours in the ones I've read, if it was there.

Also have you asked the seller if there is an unboxing video?
I didnt have a terms of service until this incident. Weve always just been chatty with buyers as we are not really a business and dont do a ton of sales. We have one drawn up now.

I never asked about an unboxing video because after I asked about why he never responded on the day I contacted him he tried to respond to the email in line and pretend that he was emailing me on that day and not 5 days later. I am concerned that he may try a fake unboxing video.

I still feel like the biggest red flag is that he responded 5 days later. If i had an empty box for 800 bucks you bet that a normal person would be on that instantly.

Here are his final two emails from yesterday. I have no further intention of replying to him.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #23
AndyUltimateReptiles
Complete scam. If I receive dead, inferior, or missing animals in a shipment, I call within at least an hour of signing for it to ensure I have time to thoroughly check everything over. That includes reptiles, crickets, etc. I don't care if a $15 animal in a $2k order is gone. Money is money. Anyone that waits 5 days and claims the box arrived empty is either scamming or literally delusional.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:36 PM   #24
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUltimateReptiles View Post
Complete scam. If I receive dead, inferior, or missing animals in a shipment, I call within at least an hour of signing for it to ensure I have time to thoroughly check everything over. That includes reptiles, crickets, etc. I don't care if a $15 animal in a $2k order is gone. Money is money. Anyone that waits 5 days and claims the box arrived empty is either scamming or literally delusional.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #25
Black Adder
Unfortunately a signature was not required so it is conceivable that the box just sat there for days on end until finally being opened and then contained dead critters.
Very sad if that is the case but from his incoherent ramblings it is entirely possible he was on some mind warping bender.

If not then pure scam as NOBODY would wait 5 days to report an empty box.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #26
SiXandSeven8ths
But is it an empty box or box of dead animals? Those are 2 different things. So clearly this guy is scamming or the drugs have really messed with him (incoherent msgs to OP are either mental illness or illicit drugs).

Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #27
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXandSeven8ths View Post
But is it an empty box or box of dead animals? Those are 2 different things. So clearly this guy is scamming or the drugs have really messed with him (incoherent msgs to OP are either mental illness or illicit drugs).

Sorry I was a little more clear.....what I meant wa that if he left it for days and then discovered he did indeed have a box of dead critters he is not likely to state that, even his possibly drug infused state could tell that would not fly.
So easiest call is to say it was an empty box.

But given all the evidence so far, he is just trying to scam the op out of $800 whether through his own negligence (leaving box outside possibly allowing said animals to perish) or just trying it on which also seems to fit his past MO.

Either way the op is doing the right thing by calling bs on him AND having had the foresight to already talk to PayPal.

It really is a shame that todays modern lifestyle means this type of situation is becoming increasingly common in all walks of online sales that involve shipping of ANYTHING not just live animals.

Have had the same "empty box" stunt pulled at least twice through eBay sales, and the "item was damaged on arrival, can I send you my old broken piece of junk back and hope I get this nice shiny bit you have sent me for free!"

Sad sad world

Old 10-24-2017, 11:58 AM   #28
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Either way the op is doing the right thing by calling bs on him AND having had the foresight to already talk to PayPal.
You can talk to PayPal, before, during, or after, and you can talk to them until the cows come home, and I can GUARANTEE you beyond any shadow of doubt, if the credit card company takes the money from PayPal, GUARANTEED PayPal is going too take it from you.

I'm speaking from experience, back in 2011 PayPal took $2200 from my account, and the scammer got the lizards for free, including the shipping, this is after PayPal did a 2 week investigation, and found that my client was pulling a scam, and just 2 days later, his credit card company believed his BS, took the funds from PayPal, and in return PayPal took the funds from my me.

Needless to say, I haven't used PayPal since.

If I were you Justin, I'd empty my account until this scam orchestrated by Bruce blows over. (PM was sent to you)

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #29
iamjcal
I never keep the account full anyways

Old 10-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #30
Black Adder
I would have to respectfully disagree on PayPal, they have changed a lot over last couple of years.
One of my prior mentioned eBay bad experiences was exactly same scenario. They did a chargeback on their credit card which meant they took from PayPal but PayPal still sided with me and I kept my $279. This was 2016.
Still it is a genuine concern and PayPal do not seem to be at all consistent in their actions.
But I think we digress a little from the topic although it does have relevance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!