Outback Reptiles Inquiry - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
SugarMagnolia011385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFExotics View Post
If I was selling sick animals I'd have a unlisted phone number and never give out my real contact info.

Just say'n selling sick animals is a darn good reason someone would ignore phone calls, if they are running a shady business.
I know right.

All I can say is Karma is a bitch what comes around goes around!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #22
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMagnolia011385 View Post
I also had a very bad experience with Outback Reptiles. I purchased a very sick snake from them and could never get in touch with them through e-mail or phone.

Unfortunatley what can you do, $*it happens. I learned my lesson. I know not to buy from merchants who deal with alot of import and export. People like this usually are just in it for the money and not for the animals.

Also, people shoudn't take such offense when somebody posts a negative blog about a merchant. Not everyone has had good experiences with these guys like myself. Read the blogs and reviews off other forums there is an equal amount of good and bad things said about Outback Reptiles. Grow UP!

Better luck next time Ben Dover
can you provide a little more info about this transaction. Might make your claim a little more believeable

Old 06-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #23
SugarMagnolia011385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim View Post
can you provide a little more info about this transaction. Might make your claim a little more believeable
Sure can,

I purchased a BRB from them at the white plains expo a couple months back. Took her home and heard a bad popping noise then looked inside her mounth and noticed there was alot of fluid (I wish I looked in her mouth before I bought her). I took her to the vet the next day and sure enough it was an RI. The man that sold us the snake from outback was not Ian it was some other man by the name of Andrew or Andi can't quit remember. I tried calling and the phone kept going to voice mail and the message box was full. I tried for at least a week before I gave up. They never returned any of my e-mails.

I just think that is a bad way to do business. If I could of actually got ahold of them and they could of reimbursed me for the vet bill, a refund, or a replacement snake even would have been fine. Then I would have nothing bad to say about them as a merchant. BUT the fact that I couldn't get ahold of them makes me think that this probably happens quit often.

Like the other person said, if I was selling sick snakes I wouldn't give out a real number or have a working website.

If you believe fine if not I really dont care. I just wanted to share my experience with the other blogger that had a bad experience. I thought that was what blogs are all about, sharing and voicing your opinions and questions

good day

Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #24
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Yeah David, You're the king of outrageous! Please don't go inviting all your little friends here to tag-team insults to members/moderators like you did on cornsnakes.com. didn't work there won't work here.
David seems to have a bad habit of forming little internet vendettas... He's done it on various forums including redtailboa.net, cornsnakes.com, and arachnoboards.com. Multiple forum accounts and friends are common "weapons" and hes been warned a few times about name-calling, but doesn't seem to get the message. He's only 15, perhaps when he gets older and his snake business starts booming he will have better things to worry about than businesses he has had no dealings with other than to slander.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
Temporalis_Enterprises
Listen I am not mad at outback. I am just stating occurrences I have personally seen. I would love to buy an animal from them and my friend is prepared to buy a Ball python from them at the august. I have seen some stunning animals from outback. My favorites are the amazing radiated rat snakes and ball pythons I have seen from them. It is a fact that I have been a jerk on forums. I don't like this but I do have to live with the fact that I did behave in this manner. I am trying to correct it.
Regards,
David

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #26
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Listen I am not mad at outback. I am just stating occurrences I have personally seen. I would love to buy an animal from them and my friend is prepared to buy a Ball python from them at the august. I have seen some stunning animals from outback. My favorites are the amazing radiated rat snakes and ball pythons I have seen from them. It is a fact that I have been a jerk on forums. I don't like this but I do have to live with the fact that I did behave in this manner. I am trying to correct it.
Regards,
David
Hey David, I am glad to see that you are becoming a "valued" member of this community, as well!!

Wayne Stys

Old 10-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #27
smb2585
We purchased a rack, helix, normal ball and a jungle pastel from them in Manassas and haven't had any problems. they were very helpful in explaining how to run and hook up the heat tape as well as answering any questions we had about the BPs we purchased. They had the best set up at teh Manassas show and were very fair and reasonable in negotiations during the process. Ian didn't come off as a very personable guy and seems to be more business (but he was running late for another place he had to be) but Ryan was helpful and even helped us load up our rack into my car... we weren't planning on buying anything but couldn't pass up the deal. I recommend them and will look forward to using them in the future for our needs.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
farfrumugen
ive never had a problem

ive only purchased 1 animal from them and that was this year. it was a ch extremely reduced animal. at this point i have had NO issues with this animal. it ate within 2 days and has been eating great since. i have contacted them and asked for pics of many other animals and have never had any problem getting in contact with them. they have a great name and a great reputation. many of the best looking morphs in this industry have been imported and propogated by outback reptiles.
you must also look at it like this....if you sell 100,000 animals and a half a dozen are sick then it is more than acceptable. aniamals get sick some are sick and you dont know it till the animal ships and due to stress the sickness takes hold and becomes visable. it happens....a few problems here and there is normal when dealing in such volume.
adam jeffery

Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #29
Sirengarg
I have heard fantastic things about them. But recently saw a snake for sale from them where they stated it had unknown hets and was missing and eye due to an injury and were selling it for $250. Pretty steep for a "who knows what it has" cyclops snake.

That has been my ONLY vice with them, but has caused me to think twice about purchasing from them.

On the whole Ben Dover deal....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!