backgrounds??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
Robust_Beardies
Lightbulb backgrounds???

We are just about to finish our wooden Dragon condos (pics will soon be available!) but we sill need to decorate the insides. How about some interior design tips? What kind of background did you use to make it look more realistic? How did you make a hammock inside for them to rest in?? What brand/size of hide rock did you use for adult sized dragons? (Do they need one?) Our dragons each have very distinctive personalities and we want to make each of them the "perfect" home!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Junkyard
Wow, you re really putting a lot into your dragons, that is awesome. I use paper towels for substrate and the closest thing they have to a natural looking cage is one tree for them to climb on and a rock bowl for food. There water bowl is just a ziplock sandwich bowl. Sorry, I am of no help.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
My dragons cages are going to look pretty lame compaired to yours, Tigres. Mine have a rock, grapevine, food dish and thats about it. When I first got into beardies I did go all out on the setup but as time passed the "extras" died away. It's now setup more for ease of cleaning.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Dachiu
Well, our cages are set up for breeding... cell-sorb for a substrate, basking rock to get comfy and a food dish for yummies. Other than that, there's just plenty of room to run around and well... you know.

I say decorate it however you think it looks nice. Use your imagination and offer plenty of different options - letting your dragon decide what they like the most. (then just remove the stuff they tend to ignore!)
But for the interior of the cage, I strongly suggest that you stay away from any greenery. Sadly, dragons are a bit quick with the appetite and yet slow with the thought process. You wouldn't want one of them to take a nice big bite of a plastic leaf and swallow it. That would be a VERY expensive vet visit. :-(

Vickie

Old 04-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
beardedboy
lots of rocks would look realy cool...

Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
Robust_Beardies
We bought large chunks of sandstone for them to bask on top of. Two of them enjoy trees and perches and the third loves his hammock. We are going to put sand as a substrate and have a water bowl to play in (yes, 2 out of the 3 play in the water!), and a food dish for their salads. Two of them love their hide rocks, but are quickly growing out of them. We can't seam to find a rock big enough for their broad shoulders!! Since the cages are going to be made out of wood; does anyone have any ideas on how to make a hammock? We were thinking screen, but weren't sure . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!