Normal Adult Female Breedable Ball Python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Sasheena
Normal Adult Female Breedable Ball Python

This is a transaction that is already taking place, but I thought it would be perfect for the T.A.R. Board.

Background: We have a lovely Ball Python but are not really "into" ball pythons. When a local herper found out I was thinking of selling her he really badly wanted her. I told him I wasn't sure if she was a she, and that I would sell her for $150. He brought some friends over, they sexed her, (four scales) and determined she was a female. This guy did not have the money right away. He also tried to talk me down to $125, but I knew that a breedable female Ball Python can return her value quickly so I stuck to my guns, knowing that it was a GOOD price. The deal was: Pay by August 1st and she's yours at half the going price. After that, deal is off and I'll put her up for sale.

August first rolled around, and there was no phone call. I was conflicted. I knew I could sell her for a lot more, but I had made a promise. He had broken his side, but I wanted some confirmation that it was okay for me to sell her, so I sought opinions here at Fauna Classifieds. Before posting any "for sale" advertisements, I thought I would see if anyone in the chat room had a strong opinion on what my obligation was. (yes, I KNEW that my obligation ended when he didn't hold up his part of the deal, but I still wanted someone else to validate my own opinion).

The Details of the Transaction: In the chat room, I spoke with several members, including Gib. They of course agreed that I was completely in my rights to try to sell the snake. Then they wanted to know more about the snake. I told them about her being probed, and also guessed her weight. Since they wanted something more accurate I took her out and put her on my postal scale. 3 lbs 1 ounce. Gib immediately said, "heck, I'll take her now for $300, where do I send the money?" I wasn't sure if he was serious, so I gave him my paypal address. Two minutes later I had the money! During the course of the chat conversation, I did explain that it would be perhaps October before I would ship her out to him. (it's HOT here in AZ). He had no problem with that. I promised to feed her very well and keep her fat and sassy, maybe even fatten her up a bit.

So for the time being I have $300 in the bank, and one fat and sassy (getting fatter) Ball Python female waiting for a cool day to be shipped out to Gib to pair up with some very fancy male Ball Python and make pretty babies.

The only issue undecided during this fairly quick sale was the cost of shipping. Other than that the ball (literally) is in my court, as I wait for a cool day here in Arizona to ship her out. Meantime she's eating up my entire rat breeding colony and gaining weight!

I hope I have been thorough. I'm mostly recounting from memory as this entire transaction took place in the chat room, and I was booted from chat before I could save the chat log.

I'm going to now invite Gib to come here and add anything to the agreement that is necessary to get it all ironed out and specific. I have to say that so far he is the "fast" one as far as his side of the bargain, no quibbling, once he wanted her, he paid for her without hesitation. Now he only has to wait for me to actually ship her out.

Here's her picture.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
Gib
Not much to add really...Sasheena covered it pretty well..

I figure if ya want something got Jump on it...and i hate to see ppl get talked down for something worth alot more than what was being offered..LOL

just waiting for a shipping date and just let me know how much ya want for shipping adn ill get it to ya ASAP(i forgot bout shipping too LOL)

I cant wait to get her this fall!!

and THANKS!!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
Gib
Oh yeah a quick add on...

First time ive seen the snake adn WOW shes a hottie!!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
Sasheena
I'll find out the exact cost of the shipping and let you know. You can pay after I ship her. Still going to be a while. I'll probably just plan on shipping her the week of October 17th (I'm vacation that week) Should be cool enough by then. Glad you like her.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Who will decide when to ship (or is it going to be a shared responsibility)? In the unlucky event of a DOA what are the obligations of both? Is Sasheena guaranteeing a live arrival? Will she return the full amount in the event of a DOA? In that case who’s paying for the shipping?

Regards.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
Sasheena
Since the temperature extremes are more prevalent on my side of the world, I planned on being the one to decide. I now plan on shipping on Monday October 17th unless Chris wants me to watch the weather more closely so that I can ship her the moment the temps drop to reasonable. Otherwise I can pretty much guarantee that temps will be fine at that point.

I would be interested in hearing Chris's thoughts on DOA though. My hope is that temperatures will be decent on both sides of the country when I ship her, and she'll be very well packed, shipped overnight probably via UPS. Barring terrible unforseen circumstances, DOA should NOT happen.

Chris, your thoughts?

Old 08-31-2005, 01:27 AM   #7
Gib
Hmm...in case of a DOA I would only want a refund for the cost of the snake..

Shipping costs no matter what are my resposibility

So even in the case of a DOA i would still cover shipping costs becuase there couldnt be a DOA if i dont pay to have her shipped LOL

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 AM   #8
The BoidSmith
Chris,

Just to cover all bases. I would assume you will inspect the snake upon arrival and let Sasheena know of any concerns you might have with the animal. What I’m trying to state here is that there is no other guaranteed implied beyond this “live and healthy arrival guarantee”. It seems both of you have covered pretty much everything to your satisfaction. Do you have each other contact numbers just in case?

Regards.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:44 AM   #9
Sasheena
If he is there to receive her and can provide photographic evidence of DOA, I'll refund the money I was paid for the animal.

I'm guaranteeing her to be 1500 grams (probably a little more but nobody would complain about that), and when probed she probes to four scales. She is free of any symptoms of disease. Once she arrives alive and healthy, my part of the deal is done.

I have the information provided by Paypal when he made the payment, and I will email him my phone number. (just sent it)

to recap:

One 1500 gram ball python female age and origins unknown (pictured in this thread) who probes to 4 scales will be shipped on October 17th. Cost of animal $300 (already PAID) and the cost of shipping only to be determined at the time of shipping and paid for by Chris. The animal is shipped with a live and healthy arrival guarantee as long as someone is there to receive her. In the event of a DOA the purchase price of the animal will be refunded immediately via paypal. Shipping to be covered by Chris regardless of her status upon arrival.

I think that covers it?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
Sasheena
Should have added:
One 1500 gram ball python female age and origins unknown (pictured in this thread) who probes to 4 scales will be shipped [b]Overnight[b] on October 17th. Cost of animal $300 (already PAID) and the cost of shipping only to be determined at the time of shipping and paid for by Chris. The animal is shipped with a live and healthy arrival guarantee as long as someone is there to receive her. In the event of a DOA the purchase price of the animal will be refunded immediately via paypal. Shipping to be covered by Chris regardless of her status upon arrival.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread