panther chameleon in desert climates? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #1
mojobean
panther chameleon in desert climates?

This isn't happening anytime too soon, but i may be relocating to arizona.. and I do not want to give up my chameleon.
Does anyone here have chams and live in the desert?
Mind you i am not moving to phoenix or tucson, but in a river valley that actually has water, and is at least 10degrees cooler than tucson on average. I know it might not be an option to take him.. which means i won't go till his time is up?
Any input would be well appreciated.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:06 AM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Are you planning to live in a tent outside instead of within a house or apartment? If not, then you should be able to manage this just about anywhere. I am sure a decent mist system would be a beneficial investment if you do not already possess one.

By the way, what is your name? I am doubting it is Freeway Freeway.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:19 AM   #3
Crich47
lost of misting and temp control which can be done in a house or an apartment

Old 03-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #4
mojobean
building a house, so maybe 6 months would be in a container type of thing while building. I have misting system. I suppose if I got too worried about the heat i could always send him into town with my daughter.. she would LOVE to have him as a house guest. I think i was just worried about the air sucking up all the moisture from misting and not leaving any humidity.
and you can doubt all you want, but my name is actually Freeway. just Freeway. singular. the use of the double Freeway is to accommodate anything that requires you input two names. i supposed i could use Freeway X, or Freeway Is... but that just leads to people thinking that Is is actually my last name when it is not.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
I will PM you regarding the name matter so as not to divert the thread.