Coral Albino Q - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Question Coral Albino Q

A question for the pros out there.

Concerning the Coral albinos. Is this a trait that one can predict? or is it one that just happens randomly? (The latter is how it was explained to me, but would like some other oppinions on the matter.)

Anyone know what causes them to have so much more coloration than normal albinos? are they erythristic?

Thanks
Rick

Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
hhmoore
I'm not the expert, and I have been uncertain about the "coral" albinos also. some people's explanations make it sound recessive; others', more of a codom thing. (I'm sure SOMEBODY knows the real answer). I have noticed that the really good corals look a lot like the pastel albinos pictured by Jeff Ronne. are they the same thing? there are obviously vast differences in pastels (both boas and balls), and it would explain the "random" nature of the coral strain - esp since (to my eyes anyway) the difference between pastel and normal is sometimes pretty darn subtle. anybody have any input?

Old 11-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
I'd like to here more also. If it's recessive, than it should be predictable.
But if it's just an anomoly or something, some albino alelle slighly mutated to cause it, I don't know if that is predictable. I've heard......... "they just happen sometimes".

BTW.......I've often wondered if that is a blood boa in your avatar spot?

Ciao,
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!