albino to albino??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
crotalusadamanteus
That's twice!! ARRGGGHH.
Sorry, this was supposed to me a new thread. Don't know what happened.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
This is not to say that one cannot breed albino X albino and get strong, healthy babies...
Got that one covered, Rick, lol. I agree with you entirely, but want to point out one thing, your female is from the original Kahl male bred back to one of his het daughters. That was back at the start of all this. Parent to offspring matings pretty much have to occur to prove out any morph. The problem comes when people continue to inbreed without enough outcrosses, as each breeding decreases the "individuality" of the DNA (daughter already has 1/2 her genetic structure from her father, breed her back and her offspring essentially get 3/4 from him). Then factor in people doing sib/sib breedings and you see the branches falling right off the family tree. I don't think anybody would argue that a generation or two of this type of breeding can be tolerated without causing significant problems, but without early and regular outcrossing things get ugly

Old 03-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
how do I move that other post to it's own thread?

Old 03-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
hhmoore
No problem, lol. I don't have much experience with sunglows, but I will say that I have seen some 1-2 year olds that are pretty much yellow and light reddish/orange, so not all of them improve with age. Even among my albino females, I see differences in the color/pattern retention. I'll be taking pics this week and will post them somewhere - off to work now

Old 03-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
hhmoore
ahhhhh, just leave it. You can always start a new thread on that subject if you want to generate new looks, but we've already bumped this up to the top of the forum list...the only thing different is that it won't get posted in the "lastest discussions" column

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!