HELP! Nile Monitor Freezing Problem! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
SnakeLover188
HELP! Nile Monitor Freezing Problem!

Any and All HELP please! This morning I received a juvenile nile monitor from a friend of mine via overnight mail. The problem is, the idiot forgot any heat packs and when I got th monitor this morning, his body was freezing, he was pretty motionless, etc... (It's around 35 degrees). Here we are several hours later, I have tried lots of stuff, I let him sit at room temp for a while, then just a heat pad and then gradually have been raising temps. I am about to try a warm bath for him. His only issue now is that he is unable to move his 2 rear legs, they are stretched and appear as though they are stuck to the side of his tail, but they are not. He is also swinging his head, neck and upper body attempting to move. He seems extremely frustrated with not being able to walk normally. WHAT SHOULD I DO? THIS LOOKS HEARTBREAKING. ANYBODY HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE ONE TIME OR ANOTHER? PLEASE EVERYONE, TELL ME YOU TRUE HONEST OPINIONS. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. RIGHT NOW HE IS IN A 40 BREEDER WITH MULCH AND COCO FIBER, A HIDE, 10.0 UVB TUBE, 100 WATT BASKING BULB, LARGE AND SMALL WATER DISHES. A FEW CRICKETS AND A HANGING PLANT. THANKS AGAIN.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Edwardo
Sounds like your doing all you really can at this point.

You can try heating the animal up to say 85/ 90 Degs and keeping him there for a few days,(no night drop), also access to a 120/ 130 basking spot.

I would just keep him really warm and give him some time.

Maybe someone who has experenced this will chime in. Bob

Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
dekaybrown
any improvements?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
SnakeLover188
Unhappy He passed away already:(

I am so damn upset about this whole thing guys.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
dekaybrown
Did he make it???

I would be angry too, My savs arrived in March, no heat packs, luckily they warmed up and did fine.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
SnakeLover188
Never made it.

Did not make it

Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
dekaybrown
My condolences, have you contacted the vendor??

They owe you a replacement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!