Inquiry Tim Koppenhofer, where is my money? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #41
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldesto View Post
I'm sure you would like a thread on you judyc. No you wouldn't tim didn't do anything wrong.
I never said Tim did anything wrong...and I never said I agreed with Bob's choices here. What ~I~ think about that doesn't matter. All I'm trying to point out is that your rantings are misplaced.

Of course I wouldn't like a thread started about me...but if it were to happen, I'd deal with it and move on. I might even get a little angry about it....but I wouldn't give it the all emotional energy you seem to be pouring into a thread about "this Tim guy."

Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 AM   #42
hhmoore
As I've stated in similar situations, The title is what it is. It was the choice of the OP, and it will not be changed. All the back and forth about the title is disruptive, and really doesn't need to be here. In some cases, getting some flak might make a newer member consider other titling options when starting future threads....but I doubt that will be the case here. Bob is hardly new to this site, and I suspect that he had good reason for choosing the title he did (regardless of whether anybody agrees with it).
That said, hopefully the grumblings about the title will be set aside (with the exception of possible comment by Tim K, of course), and this thread will help resolve the situation for Griz.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #43
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Bob is hardly new to this site, and I suspect that he had good reason for choosing the title he did (regardless of whether anybody agrees with it).
Indeed there is! There is more to the story but that does not need to be posted until I see what Tim's side is here.

Maldesto, you're new here. Sit back and educate yourself on how things are run on the BOI. You naive to think things are always black and white.

Bob

Old 09-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #44
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Indeed there is! There is more to the story but that does not need to be posted until I see what Tim's side is here.

Maldesto, you're new here. Sit back and educate yourself on how things are run on the BOI. You naive to think things are always black and white.

Bob
Maldestro, I would take his advice. Although I at first read of the thread, I would totally agree with you, I have been here long enough to know there's always more to the story, I have been waiting for the more, to form an opinion.

FYI: It is possible to pass on a debt but in most instances the orginal person holding the IOU would have to agree and all players would have to consent to the transfer.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #45
Griz
"You're" not you. Grrrr......hate it when my fingers type too fast!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #46
Wolfy-hound
Frankly at this point, Tim is/was in possession of stolen animals. Bob stole the animals when he refused to pay for them. But in fact, Bob owes the money, not Tim, no matter whether Tim said he owed Bob money or not.

If it wasn't the snakes, it could have been say.. a car. So Griz sends Bob snakes worth $2K. Bob doesn't pay. Bob gives Tim a car worth $2K and Tim doesn't pay Bob. Who owes Griz the $2K? BOB. Bob agreed to pay Griz. Tim never agreed to pay Griz(according to what's posted, Tim agreed he owes Bob, not Griz).

I agree with just about every poster that the title should have been Bob, where's my money, not tim. But I know why the thread won't be deleted, and I agree with the site rules. Anyone who reads the thread can see that Tim is not the one who took snakes from Griz, Bob did. They can also see all the people saying that the thread is mis-titled in our opinions(our referring to everyone who agrees the title is wrong, not everyone on the site). The site does not decide whether the OP is right or wrong. The readers decide that. So the thread will not be taken down. Fauna mods do not arbitraily decide guilt or innocence.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
bullies&balls
wow, it's an easy read !!

You all seem to miss the info that said the animals were sent to Tim on consignment. If they were sold then not paid for by Tim, regardless of who was NOT paid, then Tim still owes $$$. Seems to me the OP is being PROACTIVE in his search for HIS $$$$. I have done several transaction with Tim and think he is a very good guy. If he's at a show then keep your pants on and wait for a reply. If he ignores this then I see a problem. And I'll say this without a pause. If this was about a no name there would be half the #&&*^$% about the person because of their reputation. Hate to tell you all, but reputation is NOT a get out of jail free card. You're only as good as your last transaction.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #48
Maldesto
No one ever said tim didn't owe cash bullies, we say that bob owes the op cash not tim. Tim might owe bob some cash after bob pays the op.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #49
Casey Hulse
We can all speculate on what
Quote:
means, but that is all we can do at this point. The thread is here for all to see forever.
I know Tim, and in my opinionn if he feels he owes Bob the money he will pay it, if that is not the case I think Bob (Griz) will have to try to collect from Bob Martin.
Griz, I have a feeling that in "hindsight" you would have done things differently when you decided to liquidate your collection, because it seems you are owed money by several people that you will possibly never collect,.
Good luck to all involved, I hope this is resolved soon.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #50
The BoidSmith
Taking into consideration the way BM and Tim have behaved up to this point it seems Griz has better chances to receive his money if he deals with Tim directly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!