Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #261
joshtrout
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Well, people still have the option of closing their ads, so other members cannot post replies - rest assured I will be utilizing that feature when I start advertising this year.

As far as Josh dragging up an ad from 2012, that must have been well before the ability to reply to ads got reopened (I looked at his posts). Everybody has those moments; and, for those that dislike posted replies, it can be used as an argument for not allowing ANY replies.

Regardless, ads are opened to posts (unless closed by the member posting the ad; and we're going to give it a reasonable chance to see if it has any impact. I don't doubt that there were people who registered because of interest in an ad, and subsequently left when they couldn't reply...without bothering to figure out why, or explore other options (like the Contact button)

If it is easily added to the current format; I'd love to see ads over 6 months have some sort of hurdle to posting.
I don't understand all that is red.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #262
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrout View Post
I don't understand all that is red.
I can explain..
You stated in your first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrout

If you look at some of the classified ads right now, people are replying to ads years old. These ads then get bumped all the way to the top.
Somebody else replied to you that you did the same thing by reviving this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine84
Josh, you too revived a necro thread from 2012. Too funny.
Harald stated basically, We all have our moments. To nitpick those moments just gives credence to those that would like to see zero replies in the classifieds. Basically addressing or countering your central complaint, as I read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Everybody has those moments; and, for those that dislike posted replies, it can be used as an argument for not allowing ANY replies.

Harald must of read it as Sanguine84 stated you bumped a old ad as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
As far as Josh dragging up an ad from 2012
Harald stated it must of been some time ago because he didn't see an ad bumped by you.

Sanguine84 meant this thread not a ad.

I think he just misinterpreted the post made by Evan. Not realizing he was referring to this thread.

But was stating even if you did bump a old ad, we all have our moments.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #263
Celtic Constrictors
I'm cool with allowing non-paying members to respond to an ad on Fauna... so long as the seller is given the option to disable commenting. I, for one, will probably disable comments on my ads this year.

If someone isn't intelligent or diligent enough to figure out why they can't post to my ad by simply reading a few posts when they join I doubt they will read my TOS.

Save myself a headache and weed out the problems before they become problems.

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #264
joshtrout
Ok. I guess I understand now. I just posted on this thread because it was in the feedback forum, and I was sort of following the BOI's guideline of not creating multiple threads about one person, or in this case, one topic.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #265
Celtic Constrictors
Just to be clear, Josh. I wasn't knocking you for posting in an old thread. I couldn't care less. I was just pointing out that it was a little ironic that the topic of your post was similar to what you were doing. I lol'd a little.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #266
joshtrout
No worries. I didn't take it as knocking.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #267
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrout View Post
I think that the ban on replying to classified ads except those that are paid members should be reinstated. If you look at some of the classified ads right now, people are replying to ads years old. These ads then get bumped all the way to the top. I don't know, but it's kind of a hassle to when you're looking at an ad and then realize that it's from 2010. Just my two cents.
Sorry, but you were simply out voted on this issue. Things may change as needed in the future, but for now we're going to run with replies being enabled for the classifieds.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #268
joshtrout
I totally understand and get that. It was just something I was seeing lately on the classified ads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!