prehistoric pet (Jay) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #21
The BoidSmith
My only knowledge of the parties involved have been e-mail exchanges with both Will and PrehistoricPets about animals they both had for sale at different points in time.

Unless Will has any sort of written documentation (at least an "I owe you" handwritten, dated piece of paper signed by Michael) as to his ownership, and or unbiased witnesses that can state the same, it seems as if he might be out of luck. In fact there are people saying just exactly the opposite, as he apparently stated in public the snake belonged to Michael. In all honesty, I can understand why Will would have said that, if he truly believed he was going to collect the money. In my opinion, although Will might be the rightful owner, it might be difficult for him to prove it.

Regards.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:38 AM   #22
WSReptiles
Jon I did not talk tou you out side or inside tinley park.
I have evey legal right to persue and reacquire my property.
got it JON AND EVERTONE who doesn't understand the law.
what are you lieing because you are to get first offspring of my animals.

Old 12-28-2003, 12:08 PM   #23
Jon Tarutis
First things first...
Maybe before you consider purchasing any more animals you might want to pick up this first...

Will it was right outside the hotel...you and Michael had come to Tinley with Tom Eugenis...who also got scammed by Michael ...for $7k he got 1.1 6-7' lav. albino retics and an incubator (Sportsman Pro right???) although his original deal with Michael was for 1.0 albino tiger retic and a tiger het albino female. When I talked to you Will you were outside with Michael and 2 of the guys from Freedom Breeder...Michael had called me over and said we needed to talk because I had hinted to people that I thought Michael was selling animals that had been sent to him to care for, breeding etc... Honestly I thought that Michael was going to swing at me...you explained that the animal was in fact his...with your reassurance I went back into the bar to have some more cocktails... Maybe 15-20 minutes later someone flicked a lit cigarette at Michael.... does this prove that I was there? What do I have to lie about Will? And no I am not interested in getting any offspring from that calico should it still be alive...
If that isn't enough... I seem to remember you were wearing a blue flannel shirt.....
BTW do you recall Michael yelling "Hey Jon Jon I need to have a word with you!" ???
Also didn't Michael trade you a gila for the calico? Now you wouldn't be keeping venomous in Illinois now would you? Inquiring minds want to know...
Cheers!
Jon Tarutis

Old 12-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #24
Jon Tarutis
That little red x should be this...

Old 12-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #25
Grace
Lightbulb Finally.......

Thanks to Jon Tarutis, we finally have the truth. As a matter of fact....I don't know Jon and I didn't see the whole thing outside of the Tinley hotel, but me and a few friends of mine were in the hotel lobby Saturday night and we saw to guys walking around like a couple of tough guys and one of my friends said "that's Michael Whitefeather" ...... we had read about him here on the BOI before Daytona and we had been wondering who he was and the guys we were meeting in Chicago know a lot of the people in the reptile business. Jon, it sure is nice to see someone have the courage to speak out and say the truth....it seems a lot of people that know Whitefeather have sat back and said nothing. A BIG breeder recommended people to do business with Whitefeather right here on the BOI. It seems to me that Whitefeather has scammed a lot of people and Will Slough should be going after him for what he thinks he is owed. Will Slough should not be coming on here and accusing people of lying when it is he who made the bad decisions in the first place. And according to the law, you have to have proof that you gave those animals to Whitefeather, and that he sold them, and that the people that he sold them to KNOWINGLY bought them as stolen goods. The law states that anyone that KNOWINGLY bought stolen goods has to give them back, but these people in this case did not know that they were stolen, and they actually have a good chance of winning in a court of law.....if it ever goes that far......if the person suing for the animals,Will Slough, loses the case, then he has to pay everyones legal fees....I'm not sure it is worth taking innocent people to court when the guilty party is sitting in a cell somewhere rotting away....and probably thinking of some more scams he can pull when he gets out.

Jon Tarutis....you should be proud of yourself for coming forward and (as Will Slough says), doing the right thing. People in this business have to stop letting the morally corrupt people in this business get away with lying, stealing and cheating. Whitefeather is clearly a guy to stay away from.

Grace Winchester

Old 12-28-2003, 04:07 PM   #26
Python Dreams
I know Jay from Prehistoric Pets and he has always treated me very well. He would even let me give monthly checks in advance for animals that I could not afford. I have not been into the shop in a long while and donot know Whitefeather or Will. I would think that he would do whatever he has to to take care of this.... But....
From what he says about going to dinner with Will and Whitefeather makes we wonder.. What in the world did he do wrong? He traded animals with Wil's business partner and even went to dinner with the both of them afterword... Should he have been clairvoyant and known that later Will's business partnership would not work out and that the animal that was traded would now be considered, "not good enough". I would think that if their were any problems with the trade it would have been addressed at Outback Steakhouse or possibly the following day at the show with the vendor badge Jay gave you. So now Jay is supposed to just give "YOUR ANIMALS" back because "YOUR" business partnership did not work out? Would you want to take a $7500(?) loss because someone made a bad choice in business partners?
I have a few questions...
1) Why did Micheal Whitefeather have your Pythons?
2)Why was any disapproval with the trade not brought up with Jay at dinner or even the following day?
3)Why even make partners with someone that has such a bad reputation?
I could be way off base here, but from what is in this post and from what Jay stated, I really do not know what Jay did wrong.
Could someone please enlighten me????
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 12-28-2003, 06:14 PM   #27
Brian Oakley
I am not going to rant and rave about Whitefeather and I might speak out of turn, but I am going to answer some of the questions that Tom brought up.

Q #1. As I know it, came second hand, Whitefeather had/has Will's snakes because Will is not physically able to care for them....Will can explain it if he chooses. That in itself seems ok to me.
Q #3. From what I know, Will has known Whitefeather for quite some time. Who knows, Whitefeather may not have even been known to scam people prior to Will and Whitefeather making these arangements (if that is what you want to call it). I feel it was more of a adventageous move by Whitefeather for taking care of the "big" snakes Will could not take care of.
From talking to other people, Whitefeather treated those that he SAW in person quite well....I guess for an undertermined amount of time. Until this came up, it was people that dealt with Whitefeather on the INTERNET that got screwed.
I do not know Will, but I do not see how Will did wrong with his dealings with Whitefeather, I do agree, in hindsight, Will made a bad choice.

Now, I have a few questions here regarding this deal. Couldn't this be resolved with Jay (if indeed it was a trade) to just have all snakes returned to the original owners (whoever had whatever prior to this deal)? This way nobody is out anything and everyone gets the snakes back. Yes, some people would be disappointed for not having what they wanted, but at least it would be resolved. Just a thought.
As far as "knowingly purchasing stolen goods", I have a scenario that was never responded to in another post I made on another thread. If I bought a car from someone, had no clue that it was stolen; in other words I did not KNOWINGLY BY A STOLEN CAR, that I would not have to return it/give it up once it came to be known that the car was indeed stolen? If I went to a pawn shop, bought a stereo (or anything) and at some point it came up that it was stolen, you really think I could keep it for good? I think that is far from correct. Regardless of what people might feel, that LAW would come to retrieve the item in question and I would be out my $. Now, I would say that if I did not knowingly by a stolen car that I cannot be held liable in the laws eyes. Same with Jay, I do not think for a minute, at this time, that Jay went out and bought/traded for a snake/s that were stolen. I also do not feel that he should be able to keep it regardless of whether he knew it or not.
Come on folks, like I said, I do not know Will, Jay, Andy (other than talking on the net/email with Andy), but PLEANTY of peole know that the ONLY reason Whitefeather had most and/or all of the rare pythons that he had was because he was "caring" for Will's snakes. This is NOT fact that just came out from my little post here. I can get plenty of people to come on here and post that they heard this RIGHT FROM WHITEFEATHER.
Interested in hearing responses.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:36 PM   #28
Brian Oakley
For what it is worth, this was interesting....

Now, I cannot translate it 100% into lamens terms, but as far as I CAN TELL, it is pretty black and white.

Not to be debated, but good info anyway.

http://exchanges.state.gov/culprop/18-2314.html

and another neat web page

Old 12-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #29
Brian Oakley
sorry, here is the other page I found....

http://exchanges.state.gov/culprop/18-2314.html

here is another cool webpage

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/w...e_property.htm

Mind you, if it is missed, this is a FEDERAL OFFENSE since it went over state lines OR over a certain $ amount, IF indeed it is the case.

Here is a page on recovering stolen property. It came from this link.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/RITEprotect.htm#recover

This is copied and pasted from the above link.

RECOVERING STOLEN PROPERTY

HOW DOES R.I.T.E. PROTECT HELP RECOVER STOLEN ITEMS ? If your belongings are stolen, call the police immediately. Provide the officer with a list, from your R.I.T.E. PROTECT Inventory (see above), including the Description and Markings (Serial Numbers and R.I.T.E. Numbers) of each item that was stolen.
The police will enter this information into a Stolen Property Database, which is electronically linked and cross-checked with Pawn Databases, which pawn shops file electronically with the Police Department daily.

If there is a "match", based on your Serial/R.I.T.E. numbers, the police can recover your property from the pawn shops, plus retrieve information on the person who pawned it. In addition, police officers can more effectively trace and recover your marked property from flea markets and other sites, IF the serial number and/or R.I.T.E. numbers were included in the Stolen Property Report.

Another.....

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/caseco...ction_662.html

Old 12-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #30
Brian Oakley
Sorry for all the posts.

I just wanted to add that I am NOT against Jay. He is probably a victum as much as the rest of the people I know and/or have heard of. I just thought the info that I found MIGHT help both parties. One get his stuff (if law permits it) and one stay out of trouble (if the law wold inforce such).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!