BOI® is now a federally registered trademark - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
pei8147
So BOI is mentioned but I see no mention of Board of Inquiry being mentioned in the trademark.

William

Old 07-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei8147 View Post
I see no mention of Board of Inquiry being mentioned in the trademark.
It's amazing what a search engine and minimal effort can yield:

https://trademarks.justia.com/861/40...-86140890.html

Old 07-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei8147 View Post
So BOI is mentioned but I see no mention of Board of Inquiry being mentioned in the trademark.

William

->-> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=497656

Old 07-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #14
LauraB
to you, Rich.

And Dan, lol. Smart arse.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #15
pei8147
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Thanks for the reply, Rich!

Old 07-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
pei8147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
It's amazing what a search engine and minimal effort can yield:

https://trademarks.justia.com/861/40...-86140890.html
Disrespectful remarks like this one are part of the reason why a lot of people no longer use the Rich's BOI.

Thanks for your insight.

William

Old 07-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Do Federal trademarks impact Canadian groups on an American owned site?
Heck, I don't know. Not sure I want to pay my trademark attorney in order to find out.

But I sent the list you provided to FaceBook, so I'll just have to see how they rule on it. Might just be that deleting the groups is easier on them instead of trying to split legal hairs determining actual jurisdiction. Looking at it from their perspective, what would be the least headaches for them as a policy?

Thanks....

Old 07-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #19
Lucille
There's interesting reading to be had if one does a search of the Madrid Protocol.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:15 PM   #20
WebSlave
The first four FaceBook groups are now gone.

I am discussing the matter concerning the Canadian based groups now with FaceBook. I asked them if I were to host a site on one of my USA based servers and allowed admins from another country to name it "FaceBook Too", attempting to capitalize on the look and feel of their own business, would I be in jeopardy of trademark infringement by hosting such a site, even with remote owners? Curious to see what they say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!