~Steve from Serpent's Den~ - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
critical bill
BTW - Is he still wanted by the authorities or did he clear that up? I haven't seen anything new posted about it.

If he's still wanted and warrant dodging...I think its pretty despicable for anyone with knowledge of such to be doing business with him.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
hhmoore
I expected at least one such response - and it is certainly anyone's right not to do business with anybody else for whatever reasons they choose. I was aware that Steve had had some problems, though I certainly didn't know the intimate details - meaning I don't know the full story, only the accounts I have read here. (btw, in response to your later question, it was posted at one point that he'd been caught/jailed).

Yes, I could have used that issue as an excuse, and have no real problem with people thinking I should have. I made my decision to purchase from Steve based upon my personal experiences with him over many years; and, once again, was not disappointed. (though, I do have to admit that I don't know if I was dealing directly with Steve, or with a person dealing with his animals/sales - Becky? - I didn't ask).

Let me ask you this...if a person is behind on child support and/or taxes, how is he supposed to make the ordered payments if people refuse to do business with him?

As far as it crapping gold - that's sort of the plan, lol...whether it ever comes about is out of Steve's hands now. Whether I make it happen, or not, is on my shoulders.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Let me ask you this...if a person is behind on child support and/or taxes, how is he supposed to make the ordered payments if people refuse to do business with him?
Harold, I suggested this same scenario on a thread about Ed Clark, so I know where you are going with this.

Here is the bottom line. Animals died in his store when he either left, got kicked out, or whatever. Animals died and other animals were left unattended and neglected (no food no heat no water). Its a fact. Steve doesnt deny it and neither does Becky. Steve had friggin kerosene heaters and generators running until other store owners complained. You cant do business that way.

Becky did the best she could while Steve was hiding out, no denying that, but animals died and animals were left neglected, end of story.

A reputable reptile rescue had to be called in to clean up that mess and remove whatever was left living and saving. That person attested to the condition of the animals and what he saw around him.

So lets not jump past the part that led up to this, and which has caused me to question why someone like you would have anything to do with a guy like that. It doesn't matter to me if he got caught and paid served his time or paid his fines. It matters that prior to this that animals were abandoned and died and were neglected.

But you answered it, he did right by you in the past, so even in light of the fact that animals died and an animal rescue had to be called in, you ignored that and did business with him and got what you wanted.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #14
hhmoore
Chuck,
You know I respect you...and I suspect you also know that I'm not going to continue with this discussion for long.
As I said, I don't know the intimate details of what went on and why. I could have asked Steve (or Becky) to discuss it all with me first...gotten that side of it, compared it to what was posted, and wondered about the differences. I didn't ask, though. The personal aspects of it are none of my business, and, frankly, I didn't want to sit and reread it all. Maybe you know more about what happened, and are more familiar with what was posted than I am....in fact, I don't doubt that one bit.

Here it is in a nutshell.
I have had casual interactions with Serpent's Den over a span of many years. I've visited their store in two of it's locations, and seen them at many shows. I've made a few purchases - probably averaging one every 4-5 yrs, or so. The store was always clean, and the animals I've seen them selling have always been healthy (both at the shop and at shows). I was not aware of any cases where people got ripped off by Steve/Serpent's Den, or received a subpar animal. For all of those reasons, I was comfortable making this purchase. I was not disappointed.
You are welcome to think I did the wrong thing, and to change your opinion of me.
In my mind, this purchase made a lot more sense than another one I made recently (and some I have made in the past), despite the references that were given & checked.

On that note, I think I'm done here.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #15
lanceheads
Quote:
Chuck,
You know I respect you...
and I suspect you also know that I'm not going to continue with this discussion for long.
As I said, I don't know the intimate details of what went on and why. I could have asked Steve (or Becky) to discuss it all with me first...gotten that side of it, compared it to what was posted, and wondered about the differences. I didn't ask, though. The personal aspects of it are none of my business, and, frankly, I didn't want to sit and reread it all. Maybe you know more about what happened, and are more familiar with what was posted than I am....in fact, I don't doubt that one bit.

Here it is in a nutshell.
I have had casual interactions with Serpent's Den over a span of many years. I've visited their store in two of it's locations, and seen them at many shows. I've made a few purchases - probably averaging one every 4-5 yrs, or so. The store was always clean, and the animals I've seen them selling have always been healthy (both at the shop and at shows). I was not aware of any cases where people got ripped off by Steve/Serpent's Den, or received a subpar animal. For all of those reasons, I was comfortable making this purchase. I was not disappointed.
You are welcome to think I did the wrong thing, and to change your opinion of me.
In my mind, this purchase made a lot more sense than another one I made recently (and some I have made in the past), despite the references that were given & checked.

On that note, I think I'm done here.
You have got to be kidding me Moore!
Chuck sticks this post about you defending Steve up your ass and you defend that?

You are one sick puppy!

Randal Berry

Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
SERPENTS DEN
Harold,

Thank you so much for posting your experiences dealing with me, it was my pleasure doing business with you again.

Chuck is basing his opinions based on Newspaper articles that published 6 months after I caught the unlicensed rescuer offering my animals and property for sale on KS and that’s when the police started looking for me, isn’t that weird?. Chuck has never been to my store or had any business dealings with me to the best of my knowledge. Some people just have too much time on their hands and like to poke their noses around to stir things up even when they have very limited knowledge of a situation.

Chuck there was no reason to troll this thread and if people care to read the other thread they may do so and if they are intelligent enough they will sift through the garbage that trolls have posted to come up with there own understanding.

It's funny I've dealt with thousands of animals and many customers over many years with very few complaints, bottom line is when people are dealt a bad deal they complain, I have 1 mislabeled BAD GUY thread on the subject you just brought up and the original poster of that thread apologized to me for jumping the gun but only speculated on a BS newspaper article that was full of lies and inconsistencies.

My animals have and always will be top notch and pictures say a thousand words so go to my Myspace profile and take a look.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #17
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
Chuck is basing his opinions...
Chuck is basing his opinions on your very own posts. You stated clearly that you were hiding from law enforcement for charges that you did not want to face up to. You were advertising animals while you were hiding out. You were trying to collect enough money so as to hire a competent attorney to surrender you and defend you.

Would you like me to pull that post for you to see your own words?

How about just this one for starters before we get to that one......

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=260

Gee, maybe I'm reading it wrong. I guess everyone is just lying, the cops, the newspaper, the animal rescue, the landlord.....

Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #18
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
My animals have and always will be top notch and pictures say a thousand words so go to my Myspace profile and take a look.
Myspace...bwah..bwahaha.....bwahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha.

Seriously? Your best defense is to refer me to your Myspace page?

Whats next after that, matchmakers.com?

Why don't you give me the phone number to your local pizzeria you order from so I can ask Giuseppe if he thinks you're a nice guy?

Old 11-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
You have got to be kidding me Moore!
Chuck sticks this post about you defending Steve up your ass and you defend that?

You are one sick puppy!

Randal Berry
With all due respect, Harold said he was done. And he wished you a happy thanksgiving which you didn't acknowledge nor reciprocate. Thats just rude.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #20
Ed Clark
Quote:
Right back at cha, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
serpents den, steve markevich