Yellow Anaconda eats a cow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:05 AM   #1
hhmoore
Yellow Anaconda eats a cow

Sorry, Clay, I couldn't resist posting this one. (see comments below link)

Greedy snake released into wild

A 2m long snake has been released back into the wild after eating a whole baby cow in one go!
The huge Yellow Anaconda was captured by police and residents in the city of Ipiazu in Brazil after it was spotted snacking on the 150 kg calf.

Seven men then helped move the reptile a safe distance away from Ipiazu, to an area near the Paranaiba River.

The anaconda was the third one found in the area in the last few months.

Experts say this might be the result of animals leaving their natural habitat because too many trees are being cut down, forcing them to travel further to find food.

The snake was fat after its snack
Yellow Anaconda snakes can grow to up to 3.6m, and can be found living in swamps and rivers in northern Argentina, Paraguay, south-eastern Bolivia and Brazil.

They usually feed on small mammals, fish, birds and reptiles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4513934.stm

*I changed my mind about the note...you guys can tell me what is wrong, lol.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
Wow, 2m snake eats 150kg cow. I'm definately underfeeding. By that logic full grown green anacondas would be eating sperm whales. I'm going to have to switch my ball pythons over to weanling pigs.

Check out the top picture at the link though. Those guys must be pygmies if that snake is 2m long. They must be what 2.5 maybe 3 feet tall? Maybe they're oompa loompas. I'd love to hear the song they sing about that.

It is however a green anaconda pictured. Nice bulge in the belly too.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Tha Barron
Wow that was a nice little snack now what i want to know is if bush is going to invade, because i dont know if its just me but that snake looks like a weapon of mass destruction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!