Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #81
SoCaliRocker
Its really gross knowing they were so close to me. I wonder how long they were in business and made these animals suffer. If he were to trade places with these poor animals, even for a day. Just so he understood what it was like for them to live that way! PETA solution to everything(including dogs, and cats) is to euthanize what can be rescued. They've euthanize countless animals. I'm pretty sure the animals would prefer to live, rather than be put down. With are differences aside, I'm glad they reported the horrible situation.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #82
Wilomn
Thanks Marqus. One word can make a lot of difference.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #83
Addie_P
It really seems unfair to blame the death of these animals on PETA. As stated in multiple articles and quoted several times in this thread, PETA had no part in the decision to euthanize. Also, Mitch and his coworkers are solely responsible for the unfortunate outcome of this whole thing. To direct your anger towards PETA, who actually did some good in this particular situation and played no role in the fate of these poor animals, is just incredibly misguided.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #84
SoCaliRocker
I'm not directly aiming my anger towards PETA. I just know what they believe in. It came down to the city of Lake Elsinore. I'm pretty sure some of them could have been rescued. It's just very unsettling knowing how the conditions they were forced to live in, and the choice the city made.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #85
California Breeders Union
I am not a lawyer, but I believe the city can not sell or give away someone's property if there are pending criminal charges. If that is the case, I am sure it boiled down to animal friend's of the valley not having the resources to maintain 600 animals during a lengthy court case- but not being legally allowed to sell/give away the animals.

A terrible situation either way.

Jordan

Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #86
typherp
I think one of the article says Mitch gave up rights to those animals.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #87
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
I think one of the article says Mitch gave up rights to those animals.
He agreed to have them euthanized, which is different from just surrendering animals. Had he resisted, the criminal investigation likely would have kept any of these animals from being able to be adopted out and the strain on the rescue organizations to find responsible foster homes or to provide everything they needed was going to be too great, as I mentioned earlier. Because part of the investigation would be "does this guy get to keep any of these animals if he wants them"?

We also do not know, for sure, any of these animals were salvageable. Conditions in that ware house have a good chances of just being that bad. I do not know why it is so difficult for anyone to realize this.

They were living in a highly contaminated, toxic sort of environment where disease and parasites were likely running rampant. While I empathize with the situation and feel badly the animals had to lose their lives because of Mitch and his employees, they are the ones responsible for the loss of those lives. The implication that the financial and emotional burden of their care falls into whoever chose to attempt to rescue them is just wrong.

Their deaths are on Mitch and his worker's hands.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #88
typherp
Can you tell me where Mitch said he wanted them euthanized? I didn't see that anywhere. Ultimately this is all on Mitch and his employees, but I still think some of the animals should have been saved.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #89
ShadowAceD
"Global Captive Breeders (GBC) owner and Orange County resident Mitch Behm voluntarily turned the animals over so they could be put down, according to city officials, who add no arrests have been made but the animal cruelty and neglect investigation continues."

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazin...al_captive.php

Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #90
ShadowAceD
There is another article somewhere where it stated he agreed to have them euthanized, but I cannot find it at the moment. There are a lot to go through.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!