Should I buy this Leachie? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
VAreptile
Should I buy this Leachie?

Well I meet someone at a reptile event, and he told me that he had an adult male lechie for sale. He wants $400, which I think is a heck of deal. Should I buy it? I have the money, but just haven't really dropped that much money on a reptile yet.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
LauraB
With all due respect, how could anyone give an opinion without actually seeing an honest, unaltered, current photo of the Leachie? Or without knowing the name of the guy selling the animal?

I assume, from your post, he was not a paying vendor at the event, but just some guy you met who said he had the animal for sale ... got any more info on him?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
also locality info makes a pretty big difference in the price, so without knowing more, can't say if it's a 'deal' or not. You also said adult, but how old is it?

But ultimately, it's up to you if it's worth buying. Are you buying because you want a leachie or buying to resell?

They are awesome geckos, I love ours, she is so spunky and cute.
good luck with whatever you decide!

Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
VAreptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
also locality info makes a pretty big difference in the price, so without knowing more, can't say if it's a 'deal' or not. You also said adult, but how old is it?

But ultimately, it's up to you if it's worth buying. Are you buying because you want a leachie or buying to resell?

They are awesome geckos, I love ours, she is so spunky and cute.
good luck with whatever you decide!

Male Leachianus Gecko (Pine island) probably about 5 years old. This is the description he gave me, and that the previous owner had used him to breed. I haven't asked him who he bought it from, and if he has pics of the offspring because I'm not interested in breeding him. I want to buy him because I just think they are so damn cool. Definitely wouldn't be to resell him.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
okay well that does seem like a decent price, assuming he's in good shape and healthy of course and you trust the person that's selling him. 5 years isn't too old as they live for about 10-15 years from what I read. If he was a prior breeder, you may have some work to do to ensure he's calm but that always depends on the individual gecko anyways.

Ours can be a sweetie and sometimes jumpy/flighty but she's still young. We got a pondixyate mix. I don't know a ton about them so sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Tiger Cowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAreptile View Post
Well I meet someone at a reptile event, and he told me that he had an adult male lechie for sale. He wants $400, which I think is a heck of deal. Should I buy it? I have the money, but just haven't really dropped that much money on a reptile yet.
For an adult male PI that is very low... I would look at it very hard. I would also be very hesitant to claim it as a Pine Island, without knowing a LOT more about it.

5 years old is not old for a leachie. They can live into their 30's in some instances given proper care.

Could be cool.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
dinodaddy
Last time I bought a leachie off of here, the guy showed me pics that completely disguised the fact that the Pine leachie had multiple deformities, including a severe spinal kink...be careful, if it sounds too good to be true it almost certainly is... that Pine I bought was well taken care of, but later died as a result of organ displacement, due to the spinal deformity. I called the gut out immediately after I received the leachie, but he did nothing...it's probably still on fauna if you search for it...SAD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!