Shipping Boxes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-10-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
llechler
Shipping Boxes

Where do you guys get your boxes for shipping? I've been shopping around and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
The Reptile House
Shipping boxes

I get mine from Scales, www.exoticlizards.com-Also Superior has them, www.superiorenterprise.com and they offer free shipping with a min $50 order. I also get all my deli cups from them as well they are both really great to deal with!

Shanell

Old 09-10-2004, 11:11 PM   #3
Herp-Titude
Thumbs up Superior Enterprise is good

We use Superior Enterprise. I like the free shipping on orders of $50 plus. I found their prices to be less than most and the order gets sent quite quickly (within a couple days).

Lori Neumann

Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 PM   #4
The Reptile House
Yes with enterprise

I order one day and I get mine the very next day, customer service is great as well. The same with Wendy at Scales. I have never had any problem with either company when shipping these boxes purchased from them!

Shanell

Old 09-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
Herp-Titude
Wink Agreed

I will go along with all the above.
Actually, Scales is local to me and I am over there weekly for crickets Both Daniel and Wendy are great to deal with.

Old 09-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
llechler
Do you think $3-$4 is expensive for just one insulated box? Would it be cheaper to cut the styrofoam yourself and put it in a box that is only 80 cents? Or is that a real big hassle and worth the extra money?

Old 09-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
dwedeking
If your shipping just one box, once in a great while then it's much more cost effective (if you can find a local source) to build your own.

If your shipping on a regular basis then you can buy in bulk (lowering the price per box especially where shipping is concerned) and the savings in time and the confidence your customer feels when receiving a professional looking box is worth the expense.

Old 09-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #8
llechler
Makes sense. Thanks for the tips.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #9
Traci1
I buy boxes from ULINE and styrofoam ("blue board" actually)from Lowes and cut it myself.

ULINE

Traci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!