blazing blizzard, tremper patternless genetics........ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
blazing blizzard, tremper patternless genetics........

Woooh....confusing... Does anyones know what exactly the truth is regarding the genetics of these two morphs?... Is blazing blizzard so uncommon because of linkage between the tremper albino gene and the blizzard gene?...is tremper patternless actually uncommon? If so is it uncommon because of linkage?... I'm just confused and wondering about it...lol

Old 05-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
diablohogs
*tsk tsk*

yet another example of someone not doing there homework before asking a question.

1st. as of yet trempers are the only known blazing blizzards.

2nd. tremper patternless albinos are not rare...just that they are more rare than rainwater patternless albinos. you could buy a tremper PA right now from a few websites. try using www.google.com and typing in tremper patternless albino.

3rd. searching this forum for blazing blizzard will show you that this question has been debated and talked about already...and quite thouroughly in fact. as far as tremper PAs that discussion is taking place in an exsisting thread right here

do your homework.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
StinaUIUC
No actually...this isn't an example of someone who didn't do thier homework...I was aware that trempers are the only known blazing blizzards, hence the reason I asked if it was linkage between the tremper gene and the blizzard gene making it difficult to create blazing blizzards...I've heard conflicting information that it follows mendelian genetics and that it may be linked...and so I asked to see what was true if anyone knows. As far as the tremper patternless...I meant are they actually hard to breed...as in do they follow mendelian genetics or not, because I've heard conflicting info that they do and don't...also, I asked about that BECAUSE OF that other thread...because that question was not asked specifically, and there were only about 2 replies when I asked originally...and there was nothing there about blazing blizzards (I don't know if there is now or if you meant tremper patternlesses...b/c I haven't had a chance to read it all yet).

Old 05-30-2004, 02:59 PM   #4
ragnew
Hi Christina...

To answer your question about the Tremper PA's, see, I'm confused about the whole situation myself. That's why I posted the above question (Bell PA's as hard to produce as T PA's).

Back on KS last year there were several threads that delt with the Tremper Patternless Albino, many of the people participating in these discussions were actually thinking that the Tremper PA's were harder to produce them the Blazing Blizzard's.

Even Garrick of Crestedgecko.com had a bit written up about his Tremper PA's that he managed to hatch out. It seems there was some controversy as to whether or not his PA's were actually Trempers.

I'm by no means very knowledgable in the whole genetics feild, but I do hold onto what I've learned, and what I've experienced. And so far, despite all the controversy, I do think that at one time, the Tremper PA's were harder to produce then the RW PA's.

It seems like we've got plenty of Homozygous animals now, so that will make the Trempers alot easier to produce (Homozygous X Homozygous should equal Homozygous. Right.) But it seems to me, that actually getting to an animal that was actually Patternless and Albino was very, very hard (Trempers anyway).

Again, this is just my opinion... but maybe that'll help you out as to why I posted the entire Bell PA thing.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #5
Intense Herpetoculture
Re: *tsk tsk*

Well, so far Tremper Albino Patternless are still rare and are only being produced by three breeders/hobbyists. I only know of four seperate people that have hatched them out (Golden Gecko, Garrick, VMS, and one other person). Part of Garricks stock came from Golden Gecko and the hobbyist (that I can not remember the name of) purchased his stock from Garrick. These low numbers are despite MANY breeders trying to produce Tremper Albino Patternless for several years, all without luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by diablohogs

2nd. tremper patternless albinos are not rare...just that they are more rare than rainwater patternless albinos. you could buy a tremper PA right now from a few websites. try using www.google.com and typing in tremper patternless albino.
As for Tremper Blzaings, well to my knowledge only three poeple have produced these. VMS, Marilyn Miller (?), and the Bells. Again, why the low numbers, think about it.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:16 PM   #6
aliceinwl
LV Blazings

Check out www.crestedgecko.com

On the LV albino page Garrick has pictures of the first LV blazings I've heard of being produced. Either he got very lucky or the "problem" is with the tremper gene and not the blizzard gene. I'm breeding my blizzard to by bells this year and I'll be crossing the double hets next year.

I've got a double het tremper, patternless male being breed to some double het females. So far I've hatched out 1 albino and 4 normals/hets and had one patternless baby die in the egg. I've got over 30 eggs incubating from that group so I'm hoping I get lucky.

-Alice

Old 06-27-2007, 03:01 AM   #7
leopardgeckosunlimit
We are breeding right now with a couple patternless trempers (females) that we bought from VMS last year. They are breeding right now with a mack snow 100% het tremper patternless albino. So they will produce some awesome offspring and a few different things. mack albinos, mack patternless albinos, and patternless albinos. This group has several eggs in the incubator now. We also have these breeding projects going and eggs and or hatchlings now for RAPTORS/APTORs and Reverse Stripe RAPTORS and all kinds of hets,Giant Redstripe,Reverse Stripe, CH,CT,Tremper Albinos, Giant Sunglow and females CT, moose's grandchildren and Giant Jungle Tang. w/ Ch and CT, Blazing Blizzards, SHTCTs, Mack snows,Albino mack snows, and our newest group is Giant Patternless Redstripe CH CT Tremper Albinos. If you would like a new leo please check out our website is leopardgeckosunlimited.com Also there hatching so fast it's hard to keep everything available on the site so please email me if there is something your looking for. Thanks and there will be alot more hatching over the next month and alot more for sale so check back. We have the finest bloodlines on the market today.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:16 AM   #8
KelliH
This section is for leopard gecko discussion, not selling. The classifieds would be the proper section for that. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
leopardgeckosunlimit
New to this, your right I am sorry.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:43 AM   #10
KelliH
No problem, and welcome to the site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!